This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

How did you find GeekNights?

Comments

• That'd be mine. I'm still sort of going back and forth on whether I should revive it or not. I'd like to a lot, as I said in the thread I made asking for advice about it, but the worries about copyright and some of the comments in said thread are still making me uncertain.
  • That'd be mine. I'm still sort of going back and forth on whether I should revive it or not. I'd like to a lot, as I said in the thread I made asking for advice about it, but the worries about copyright and some of the comments in said thread are still making me uncertain.
    Oh yeah, I remember now.
  • It has been a year, but I believe I found the podcast through Zencast. That place has a shitload of podcasts.
  • I picked up a card at Beyond D&D at PAX '08. It then sat in my pile of con swag for several weeks before I picked it up one day while tidying up, and, being out of other things to listen to at work at the moment, subscribed. I was hooked. I particularly enjoyed listening to the PAX episodes, because they took me back to the con, a little, and mirrored my own awe at just how great it was, but I listen to all four casts regularly.
  • OzOz
    edited July 2009
    I had just finished reading Snow Crash, and had thought it was pretty good. Around the same time, my friends were telling me to find a podcast to listen to because they all had different podcasts. So, I went to Google, typed in (I think) "snow crash podcast", and pressed enter. Naturally I clicked the first entry, and I came to a podcast that was not Geeknights. I think it was run by a Luke something or other. I can't remember. Anyway, his podcast was a sci-fi review podcast, and he did indeed review sci-fi. In his podcast about Snow Crash, he mentioned Geeknights. I thought to myself, "Well, who could that be?", and so I went to Google, typed in "Geeknights" and lo and behold, up came this podcast, which I now listen to. That was about three or four months ago.
    Post edited by Oz on
  • edited July 2009
    I think it was run by a Luke something or other. I can't remember. Anyway, his podcast was a sci-fi review podcast, and he did indeed review sci-fi. In his podcast about Snow Crash, he mentioned Geeknights.
    That would be Luke Burrage - a Regular poster here, professional Juggler, Superhero, and the man in question from the Science Fiction Book Review Podcast.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I think it was about a year ago when I heard AWO mention geek nights. I cant remember completely but I'm positive it had something to do with AWO.
  • ...with a dowsing rod. ^_~
  • After wandering the forums of Naka-kon.com I found a sticky by one of our staff members suggesting con goers listen to the *probably not exact title* "Attending an Anime Convention".

That's the same way I found out about Geeknights.
  • Mentioned it in the intro thread, so I'll slightly recap it here. I discovered Geek Nights at Otakon 2009 when I went to the "Beyond D&D" Panel at Otakon 2009. Thanks to that panel, I discovered an purchased Inspectres, which is the best gaming decision I made since I bought Paranoia.

It actually took me a bit longer to start listening to the podcast, and it would have probably taken me longer to start listening to it regularly had I not started a data entry job. I am proud to say that Geek Nights helps my job go by a little bit faster and has become one of the few podcasts I listen to with any regularity.
  • well i was listening to my anime pulse when an advertisement for another podcast came up,
    sure enough it was geek nights and i checked it out and ended up liking it.
  • well i was listening to my anime pulse when an advertisement for another podcast came up,
    Oh noes! I can see were this is going!
    Oh noes! I can see were this is going!
    Well...I suggest you listen to "Worst Podcasts Ever Contests" because I think it'll be one of your favorite episodes.
  • I found out about GeekNights on the Enforcer forum. Someone posted that the GeekNights review of PAX 09 was out and I wanted to listen and see what the hubub was all about. I really liked the first show so I downloaded some more, liked those, downloaded some more and now I listen on a regular basis. I email a note just saying how much I liked the show and got an actual response, which was really cool, so now I'm here to poke around and see whats what.
  • edited November 2009
    I found it threw through Zune
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • Just browsing through itunes looking for an anime podcast.
  • edited November 2009
    Alt:
    I found it, threw Zune.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • edited November 2009
    That works better with a semicolon (though it's not entirely correct either way).
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • I found GeekNights through iTunes while subscribing to Fast Karate, AWO, Anime Pulse, Greatest Movie EVER! and Ninja Consultant.

Oh, and Sessler's Soapbox. At first, I subscribed only to Gaming and Anime feeds, but I listened to a Thursday episode and liked the topics, so I subscribed to that also. I also just recently subscribed to the Monday feed, because I figured "eh, why the hell not."
  • Oh, and Sessler's Soapbox. At first, I subscribed only to Gaming and Anime feeds, but I listened to a Thursday episode and liked the topics, so I subscribed to that also. I also just recently subscribed to the Monday feed, because I figured "eh, why the hell not."
    Adam Sessler linked to Geeknights? When?
  • Never. He's just one of the feeds I subscribed to while on iTunes. =P
  • Oh haha, I didn't read your post carefully enough.
  • zune marketplace
  • Long, long ago, I was searching for more media relating to Burning Wheel. The episode where you interviewed Luke Crane came up in the search results. After listening to that episode (which was also the first podcast I listened to), I subscribed to your feed.
  • The episode where you interviewed Luke Crane came up in the search results. After listening to that episode (which was also the first podcast I listened to), I subscribed to your feed.
    I'm pretty sure that's how I found Geeknights too.
  • iTunes and Zune? Bah. I found geeknights through winamp podcasts, back when version 5 first came out! I was on a pentium 2 AND I WAS BETTER FOR IT!
  • I really found GeekNights by chance, especially since it's been running so long. I was listening to the Fast Karate for Gentlemen Podcast and they mentioned GeekNights, So i decided to just look up the podcast on iTunes, and i have been listening ever since.
  • This is how I found GeekNight back in 2007.
  • THIS...IS...GEEKNIGHTS!!!!!
  • I found the show via iTunes. Being isolated as I am about as far geographically from the FRC as possible while still being in the same country necessitated that.