This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

How did you find GeekNights?

Comments

• You've missed many of those. :p And if you wish to continue correcting me, could you please start using valid xhtml? The font tag is deprecated you know.

EDIT: On that note, perhaps the text at the top of the forum should be changed to: "Use valid xhtml, this isn't Geocities.".
    I've had my fun. Also, you can (probably) blame Scott for using the font tag in the handy "Font Color" button.
  • Rym and Scott recorded a guest Movies You Should See episode for Simply Syndicated here in Blighty, and I've been listening to the whole shebang ever since..........

"I attack only one!!"
  • I was looking for gaming podcasts and found my way here.

One tip for the admins: Can you set new members not to see all those polls and have all posts read? The first thing I saw once my account was approved was a page full of polls!
  • I was looking for gaming podcasts and found my way here.

One tip for the admins: Can you set new members not to see all those polls and have all posts read? The first thing I saw once my account was approved was a page full of polls!
    We tried that at first, and people were having problems with it so they just scrapped it altogether. ^_~
  • My friend wrote a blog post on it an I followed, started listening to it regularly
  • I'm surprised I hadn't posted in this one before...

I hadn't talked to Rym or Scott for a while in late 2005, and I looked at a link in Rym's AIM profile that said "Come listen to our awesome". So I did.
  • I heard about this from my awesome friend, who turned me on to AWO previously. Ironically, to come full circle, I found Dave and Joel via GeekNights.
  • It's all thanks to AWO's Daryl Surat. He mentioned GeekNights before, as did Dave and Joel from Fast Karate For the Gentalmen.
  • I actually got interested in Dwarf fortress for a bit, and soon after he had done an interview with you guys. That's when I learned the awesomeness of your show and downloaded all 100 available and listened to them one by one. It seemed like I would never run out of geeknights, but now I have to listen to old shows that are in worse quality.
  • I heard about you guys from Tigsource.com. There was a post there about your Tarn Adams interview, so I listened to it and then the subsequent Thursday episode. Needless to say, I was hooked.
  • I heard about GeekNights from some other Anime Podcasts that I listened to. I was quite surprised how diverse it goes but that has kept me listening to all the shows coming out even the non anime stuff which got me into it. It is now added to the list of podcasts I really keep up with.
  • It was back in the dark days of aught seven ('07 to everyone else). I was looking through itunes for free stuff to listen to. I found the podcasts and I was curious so I decided to try them out. I searched for anime related podcasts to listen to. I chose Geeknights Wednesdays and another anime podcast to download. I listened to both and decided to listen to all the days of Geeknights and dropped the other podcast. I don't even remember the name of the other podcast now.
  • GeoGeo
    edited January 2009
    It was back in the dark days of aught seven .
    I was so happy we could use "aught" again back then and it would always be relevant, but in one more year all the aughts will be gone.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • edited January 2009
    I stumbled upon this podcast while looking for Detroit Metal City manga. Since then I've listened to all the new episodes and many of the older episodes. I enjoy the Monday episodes the most as I'm not the most tech-savvy person in the world, but I've learned a lot about varying technologies and I have a better understanding of how my computer works and how to make it better.
    Post edited by Ratix on
  • After wandering the forums of Naka-kon.com I found a sticky by one of our staff members suggesting con goers listen to the *probably not exact title* "Attending an Anime Convention". I've been going to cons since 04 so I'm familiar with what to and not to do but this podcast was hilarious and informative. I've been trying to plan and organize for Naka-kon because a fairly big sized group of friends from Iowa is coming down to attend again this year. I wanted to make sure I had a good plan, maps, supplies, and whatever for the upcoming convention but these two mentioned issues I wouldn't think of until the day of the convention. So I'm really thankful I listened to the podcast and get to be part of the community. ^ ^
  • I was on Cheapassgamer and was reading a thread about the show and saw a guys signature which had a "Geek Nights" image

Clicked it and listened to the latest show found it really funny and enjoyable, even better that it's almost every night ;]
  • edited February 2009
    I found Geeknights through Dave and Joel's Fast Karate for the Gentleman which is along with GeekNights part of my weekly podcast diet. It was specifically because they did a guest host and talked about M.D Geist II: Death Force and while listening to that I browsed the website and saw you guys talked about numerous things that interested me, the rest, as they say, is history.
    Post edited by Irascible on
  • Followed a link on Johnny Wander which said something along the lines of "Big shout-out to the members of the Front Row Crew", and I followed the link. I've never listened to podcasts before I heard Geeknights, and I have not found any sufficiently geeky one's since. I'm trying to find a podcast where both Rym and Scott mentioned one's that they listen to... would anyone be kind enough to furnish me with the date of the podcast?
  • Johnny Wander
    Aww yeah, Yuko's comic. Rock on!
  • Hrm, did I miss that or something? Either way:
    Hello and welcome to the forums Sarai. May your stay be of any length of time and kindly donate your brain to the good cause. I.e. my stomach. n_n

Also Johnny Wander hell yeah!
  • I was reading AppleGeeks a long while back in the blog entry section below the comic. They mentioned running into the GeekNights guys at an anime con. Checked out the website then started to listen to episodes. Wasn't long before I was plundering all of the archives.
  • I was sitting in my graphic design class my sophomore year of high school and my friend JD told me about it. I decided to give it a try. I listened to the latest Thursday episode and really enjoyed it. I then downloaded all of the episodes off of itunes and started from the beginning of the list with the masturbation episode. It was hilarious! From then on I was hooked.
  • Oh dear, what an introduction to the show. The infamous wanking episode.
  • I think I first started listening a couple years ago when the Artist Alley Podcast mentioned GeekNights. I have to admit, I wasn't a big fan of the show at the time. Rym and Scott drove me nuts when they constantly spoke over one another, so I stopped listening for a couple years. About two months ago, I was looking for new podcasts and came across GeekNights again. Perhaps my tastes have changed, because GeekNights is now one of my favorite podcasts.
  • I've meant to be on here more but I sometimes delete my posts before I publish them, so here I am.

Anyways, I found out the podcast in the fall of 2006 when reading up on RIT men's hockey then, and a search led me to your "Why Ice Hockey is Awesome" show. And I've been listening on and off since (along with other podcasts since '05), but have really gotten into it later on realizing that I could learn a lot from you two and everyone else here.

But yeah, I'm just another RIT alum on the forum. Hi!
  • I've meant to be on here more but I sometimes delete my posts before I publish them, so here I am.
    Don't worry, we all do that. Half the time, I'll get through a fairly long post, read what I wrote, and give up.
    Sometimes, I think the forum is better for that instinct.
  • I discovered the wonder that was the Geek Nights podcast through a single business card I had acquired while milling about Otakon back in 2005 (or maybe 2006..). When I returned home that Sunday, I went through the vast pile of fliers and advertisements I had collected those three long and bustling days. A few Wednesday episodes later and I was hooked. Recently, I started expanding into the Tuesday shows, and have had no disappointments :3
  • Found your anime podcast while looking for anime podcasts. Liked it and downloaded all the other nights.
  • A different podcast (which sadly no longer exists, due to copyright problems) mentioned Geeknights, and I thought it would be worth looking at. Got hooked almost instantly, and kept listening even as the other podcast (Anime Utahime) petered out and died. D: Makes me feel guilty...
  • A different podcast (which sadly no longer exists, due to copyright problems) mentioned Geeknights, and I thought it would be worth looking at. Got hooked almost instantly, and kept listening even as the other podcast (Anime Utahime) petered out and died. D: Makes me feel guilty...
    What podcast mentioned us that no longer exists?