This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Keith Olbermann slams Hillary Clinton

edited March 2008 in Politics
Check out this video from last night's Keith Olbermann show.

What do people think?

I tend to agree with him. (I never thought I would say that!) I am absolutely convinced that Hillary does not mind Ferraro's message being out there. I do think that race is playing a role in this election, but Ferraro's statements are at best an over-simplification. At worst, they are an obvious attempt to disqualify a man based solely on the color of his skin.

The reality is that being black is not a golden ticket to the presidency. Just ask Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and Alan Keyes. While Obama has large support in the black community, no doubt there are white voters who won't vote for him because he is black. So yes, race is a factor. However, with every single president to date being a white male, how can Ferraro honestly claim that Obama has an advantage because he is black? And if we are going to compare him against Hillary Clinton, who cares what the color of his skin is? Why is that even relevant?

Shame on Ferraro. Shame on Hillary Clinton. I am convinced that she thinks this message will play in Pennsylvania, and she will reward Ferraro with a nice position should Hillary become president.