This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

HL2 - EP1

edited June 2006 in Everything Else
So, The Half Life 2 episode 1 discussion begins here - i got completed it without commentary on normal in about three and a half hours in one sitting... It was however, great while it lasted. Once you complete it you get to watch a trailer for HL2 EP2, which looks amazing. Through a bit of poking around i found the file at :

SPOILER WARNING !!!! SPOILERS IN TRAILER

C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\STEAM NAME HERE\half-life 2 episode one\episodic\media

If anyone wants to see the mini striders up close and personal i managed to discover a little trick..

1.Enable commentary
2.Once you fix the reator run over to Alyx
3.when she starts playing the Mossman video wait for about 5-10 seconds
4.Activate the sound node by the console which will take you over to show you that it is happening live... And as it shows you live you get to see whats happening on the recording - thus ministriders.

Please post here to discuss favourite moments.. tips and tricks etc and EP2 speculation!

Comments

• Favourite moment: Dr. Kleiner urging the populace to bump uglies.

The commentary system is a great addition, it gives insight into the programming, writing, art and design of the game and gives me an excuse to play through it again. Not that I needed one, though.
  • Yeah, i just went through it again on hard for the sake of the commentary.. Man the commenatary owns :D
  • Alex: Is Doctor Kleiner telling people to get busy. Nevermind. We probably shouldn't be watching TV anyway..

I went through the game twice, just to check if I missed anything, and I did. ALOT! The first time it took me around 2 and a half hours, second time took me an 1 hour and 45 minutes with commentary. I was suprised. I was hoping it'd be longer, but the next episode is due later this year, so I shouldn't complain.
  • HL2 Episode 1 was short, but awesome. Half-Life 2 is the most immersive gaming experience I've had in a long time. Episode 1 is short, but it's also cheap. If the quality stays this high, I will glady buy as many episodes as they put out. Steam is really the only thing keeping PC gaming alive IMHO.