This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

I want to start an amateur publication

13»

Comments

• edited April 2008
    Ok, site is up. I've put up a maintanance message but you can get to the forums, sign up and I'll add you in. I will start posting the instruction in more detail next.
    Important jobs:

Need someone to keep an eye on the forums and make sure people use proper spelling and grammar; As it seemed like quite a task for Mr. Period you could just copy and paste a message to the top of an incorrect post saying in bold red letters "This post contains spelling or grammar mistakes, will the poster please correct them".

Also need someone with Gomidog's flare for writing short and snappy announcements. Your job will be taking the basic facts of an announcement and making appealing statements. (The previous sentence was an example of my ineptitude to convey ideas in such a manner.)
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • I'll give you the 20 page comic "An Immigrant's Daughter" about a girl from New York who rescues a stranded alien boy and upon doing so learns surprising things about her own family history. I have full resolution TIFF files, but I also have compressed versions as well. The resolution is standard manga size and I can send the compressed one, you can see what think of it first. Like I said, it's a really old comic, but I figured I don't mind if people use it.
  • Well, good luck. Artists are notoriously hard to get hold of and then manage. >_> Especially where deadlines are involved.

Maybe one day I'll send a comic your way, but I'm not going to commit to anything. :P I am, after all, an artist, haha. I'd have to have it 90% already finished before I could promise it to anyone in good conscience.
  • Yes, the species known as "comic artist" has the unique ability to seemingly vanish, chameleon-like, into thin air in the event of a deadline. This is thought to be an evolutionary adaptation from dealing with irate editors.