This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Do any of you shop for glasses online?

edited March 2008 in Everything Else
Of course, I specifically mean the frames. But do you, and from where? I have a pair of Dolce's for my everyday use but I wouldn't mind having another 2 pairs for variety. Like Scott, I hate going to retail places so if there are any sites you could recommend, please inform me.

Comments

• edited March 2008
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • I buy vintage frames off of Ebay and then have the lenses added locally. :) As long as you quiz the seller about the frame measurements beforehand, this can work out quite nicely. :)
  • edited March 2008
    http://eyeglasses.go-optic.com/

I've been buying them for a couple years online and I recommend Safilo Titanium series and I still have the 135 model and they are really durable.
    Post edited by Alan on
  • Meh, too much planning.

I've had two pairs in my life. The really expensive ones that I bent, lost, found and lost again. Then the "Murphy's Law" glasses when look like something Rivera Cuomo wears regularly, and just too ugly on me for me to lose. Only recently did the frame break, and I had to repair them with duct tape.

The next pair I'll probably pick out there at the optometrist as well, glasses are just glasses, but I'm nearsighted, and only need them for prolonged driving or watching movies and TV. I guess its different for someone who just can't see well without them.
  • jccjcc
    edited March 2008
    Then the "Murphy's Law" glasses when look like something Rivera Cuomo wears regularly, and just too ugly on me for me to lose.
    I have a pair of those.
    Old military surplus, and nigh indestructible. I call them my Asimov frames. ^^; They're also ugly enough to encourage me to not bust my regular pair, hipster opinion nonwithstanding, and allow me to do a great Clark Kent impersonation. :)
    Post edited by jcc on