This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

"For Tax Reasons" Animations!

edited March 2008 in Everything Else
Alright, I've posted this first one before but he's made some more since. I will repost the first main one and the two replies for those who missed them.

IM IN UR MANGER KILLING UR SAVIOR
AVZczLuoJoU

Re: IM IN UR MANGER KILLING UR SAVIOR
HB53He_pTpo

Re: IM IN UR MANGER KILLING UR SAVIOR
x1GSJkc1QhU

H.P. Papercraft
W95z1DqOIUg

And now two random videos he (or she) has created.

Ben Weasel - Got My Number
s22S9kjY9vU

She She She She's A Bombshell
zOhwPn8ws1o

Comments

• Man these guys are good.
  • Give them money. Buy a t-shirt.
  • I WENT TO SCHOOL WITH THIS GUY! IT"S BEN! OMG HAVE TO TELL HIM.

(When I saw She she she's a bombshell at the Spring Screening a few years back I was cracking up so bad)
    This is an interview that must be done on the podcast. Get this guy on it!
  • I'll try. Haven't talked to him for a while. He's my sempai!
  • Here is a quote from Ben's blog (from when they were featured on BoingBoing.)
    I wonder if there's any correlation between being a Scott and posting things on the internet or being a Scott and enjoying anime and D&D; jokes.
  • You guys are ignoring the true mastermind here. That being Matt "W.C. Fields" Burnett. Any man that rickrolls the room at karaoke is, without a doubt, a secret genius.
  • You guys are ignoring the true mastermind here. That being Matt "W.C. Fields" Burnett. Any man that rickrolls the room at karaoke is, without a doubt, a secret genius.
    Damns, that is secret genius.
  • I never met Matt. You pals with him?
    That's awesome, does he voice act any of it?
  • There's a story behind that. He recorded the temp track with his own voice for "She she she's a Bombshell" and then went about finding and recording an actor for the final cut. The class, Dean (the teacher), and everyone else liked Ben's reading of the lines so much better that they ended up keeping the temp recording in the final version. He and Matt voice act in all subsequent projects as characters.
  • I never met Matt. You pals with him?
    Matt's a great dude. I don't know him all that well, but we've hung out and he's a blast.
  • Any man that rickrolls the room at karaoke is, without a doubt, a secret genius.
    You guys mentioned this in the show, but said he didn't just bust out that song... What's the scoop on that?

PS: I can't get enough of these animations.
  • Hello denizens of the Front Row Crew Forums! If my handle isn't clear enough, I'm Matt Burnett, the non-Ben Levin half of For Tax Reasons. I was checking out where our top clicks were coming from on the latest cartoon and realized, hey, I know that website! Glad y'all like our stuff! Gomidog, what year did you graduate? I feel like I really never met anyone in the animation department other than Ben and Christen Smith.

As Erwin generously linked, we recently did an episode of Boing Boing TV, and are currently figuring out a way with them that ensures you see a lot more. So stay tuned for that.

And MitchyD, I believe the instant the first notes of Never Gonna Give You Up played, I jumped up and shouted into the mic "Just because you're not on the internet doesn't mean you're safe. YOU JUST GOT RICKROLLED, BITCHES!"

So again, thanks for watching and enjoying! I'll see y'all around the forums.
  • Hullo. I graduated last May (2007), so I think I was probably a few years behind you guys. I ran into Ben a couple times in the labs, (I was always hanging out on the 8th floor. They had the best couch.) but I mainly knew him from his project, which I thought was hilarious. I tried a couple times to get Sonya to lend me the screening DVD so I could show it to my roommate (nope) so I was very happy when I found your guy's stuff on youtube. The shorts are awesome!

-Emily
  • They use robots.
    I lol'ed.
    I only lol'd at the tanooki.
  • And MitchyD, I believe the instant the first notes of Never Gonna Give You Up played, I jumped up and shouted into the mic "Just because you're not on the internet doesn't mean you're safe. YOU JUST GOT RICKROLLED, BITCHES!"
    That's epic. I have to remember that if I ever hear that song around friends in real life.