This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 080327 - What do we do?

12345679»

Comments

• Bacon chocolate report: It is amazing.

I bought this for my wife's birthday (4/27) because bacon and chocolate and her two favorite things in the world (I rank fifth behind cleanliness and furry animals). She was stunned, mildly repulsed, stunned again, incredulous, and then took a nibble. Her eyes lit up.

I tried a little bit, too. The salt makes it taste a lot like a chocolate-covered pretzel, but there's also an overcast of smoky pig in there that slapped me into a state of taste bud nirvana.

I can't in good conscience recommend buying it, though -- total cost with shipping is ridiculous at about $15 -- unless you have a stupidly expendable income. I don't have a stupidly expendable income, but was willing to pay just this once for the sheer novelty and uniqueness.
  • edited November 2008
    I just heard about these stories today.

In Maryland, a crazy Christian guy who was involved with a baby was denied food and water becuase he didn't say "Amen" after meals was given bail and released from jail.

In Virginia, some crazy Christian parents threw their sixteen year old son out of their house because he wanted to leave their church.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • And people wonder why I hate organized religion so much, it's because people can get so extreme that they do this shit.