This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Meeting your twin

GeoGeo
edited March 2008 in Everything Else
Say if you hypothetically met a person who looked exactly like you in every way (except in personality), what would you do? What would you say to him/her/it? How would you react if this totally improbable situation occurred?

Comments

• Make out with it.
  • Just be like "whoah!" and take some pictures. Maybe arrange to pull some pranks.
  • I'd probably set up a system where I would be able call him up to take my place whenever I was unable to attend a class or something, then he would be able to do the same whenever he needed. Of course that would only work if he were local.
  • edited March 2008
    Kill -> impersonate.
    Post edited by whatever on
  • Additional note. I would go get some DNA tests and such at the doctor. It will be handy to keep in touch with each other in case of organ donation or other medical needs. If my twin gets a condition that has a genetic predisposition, then at least I can see it coming.
  • Become a world famous magician, like in The Prestige.
  • Just be like "whoah!" and take some pictures. Maybe arrange to pull some pranks.
  • Iunno. Hug him/her/it? If it's a him or a herm/tran of some sort, probably be really awed and in love. Um. If it's a girl and not related, probably date her. ^_^
  • Fight!
  • edited March 2008
    You obviously have to developed a long and vicious rivalry, haven't you guys read watched enough anime? XD

I kid, I kid.

I already have a twin sister.
    Post edited by La Petit Mort on
  • You obviously have to developed a long and vicious rivalry, haven't you guys read enough anime? XD

I kid, I kid.

I already have a twin sister.
    Okay, both of you meet your doubles. Quad'd!
  • Then we would be scared. Then we would call our mother for an explanation.
  • No quad'd chick fight? Awww.
  • I'd be too frighten/freaked out to fight anyone in that situation. XD
  • Talk/ discuss to said person for hours. ^^
  • Yeah, I'll go with
    Talk/ discuss to said person for hours. ^^
    and then
    Just be like "whoah!" and take some pictures. Maybe arrange to pull some pranks.

Additional note. I would go get some DNA tests and such at the doctor. It will be handy to keep in touch with each other in case of organ donation or other medical needs. If my twin gets a condition that has a genetic predisposition, then at least I can see it coming.
  • Say if you hypothetically met a person who looked exactly like you in every way (except in personality), what would you do? What would you say to him/her/it? How would you react if this totally improbable situation occurred?
    Holy Crap, it's the comic I am working on RIGHT NOW!!!!
    Make out with it.
    Possibly. Doppelgangers FTW. (You guys, should I post the comic script? Wanna read it and tell me what you think?)
  • Kill -> impersonate.
    Yes.
  • Say if you hypothetically met a person who looked exactly like you in every way (except in personality), what would you do? What would you say to him/her/it? How would you react if this totally improbable situation occurred?
    Hmmmm, a person looking 100% like me...
    Make out with it.
    Yes, preceded with "You know I could vanish any moment." Then make a few pictures, of course of the making out and other activities that we will do throughout the period both of us exist in the same universe.
    Talk/ discuss to said person for hours. ^^
    Word.
    No quad'd chick fight? Awww.
    Wired's a girl!? O.o
    (You guys, should I post the comic script? Wanna read it and tell me what you think?)
    You have to ask? (Of course)
  • I just came up with some evil plans.

Commit a huge bank heist or some such, but use this person's existence to create reasonable doubt and an alibi. They would know one of us did it, but not which one.

Another option is to take video or photos of myself doing things that my clone would not want to be seen doing. Then blackmail them with things that I did!
  • Why make an enemy of them? They would be a much more useful ally.
    Three day work weeks anyone? Alternating between Monday, Wednesday and Friday and Tuesday and Thursday :D
    I guess those are backup plans if they don't cooperate.
    Three day work weeks anyone? Alternating between Monday, Wednesday and Friday and Tuesday and Thursday :D
    Sadly, with two people, they need to do the work of two people to live as two people.
  • edited March 2008
    Dude, this is so weird. This is my discussion. Hey everybody, wanna hear me argue with myself? I present to you an audio project from freshman year, which, having just gotten over a really bad case of the flu, I did at the last minute. I had no time to get actors, having spent the last few days in bed hallucinating from the fever and I sound kind of congested, but I present to you Doppleganger Diaries. (cover)
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • Dude, this is so weird. This is my discussion. Hey everybody, wanna hear me fight with myself? I present to you an audio project from freshman year, which, having just gotten over a really bad case of the flu, I did at the last minute. I had no time to get actors, having spent the last few days in bed hallucinating from the fever and I sound kind of congested, but I present to youDoppleganger Diaries. (cover)
    "Hey D.G." Wiiiiiiiin. Though you fighting yourself wasn't that great, messy, hard to follow and not that convincing.

• Another option is to take video or photos of myself doing things that my clone would not want to be seen doing. Then blackmail them with things that I did!
    That is the most asshole thing anyone can do. So horrible and despicable. WTF'd to the third power.

I'm only saying this because I'm jealous I didn't think of it first! Argh! :P

Possibly. Doppelgangers FTW. (You guys, should I post the comic script? Wanna read it and tell me what you think?)
    YES! Plus, cool recording! ^_^
  • edited March 2008
    Messy, and hard to follow = Yeah, I know. Whattdya want, I made it in a day. Also, Emi = not an actor.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • Also, Emi = not an actor.
    Could've fooled me at some parts. And even actors struggle with responding to prerecorded stuff.
    That is the most asshole thing anyone can do. So horrible and despicable. WTF'd to the third power.

I'm only saying this because I'm jealous I didn't think of it first! Argh! :P
    Don't worry. Scott bastardized his true intentions. That being having the hot dickings with Rym and then framing his doppleganger by saying he, the doppleganger, did that to make him, 'real' Scott, look bad. *griiiiiiin*
  • I think if Scott met his twin, it would cause a narcissistic overload in his brain and he would explode.