This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Puppies!

Comments

• I am a cat person, and so...
    imageimage

Ehem...zombies.
  • Don't knock it till you've tried it. But seriously, you seem more like a dog person than a cat or rabbit person. It varies from person to person. Rabbits and Cats make very good urban pets, I think. Consider them if you want an independent yet affectionate mammalian pet for your small apartment. Dogs are more like .5 kids and very social, rabbits and cats are like roommates who kind of do their own thing but will be cuddly from time to time.
    I'm not knocking it, it has just never particularly appealed to me. I love cats, and would consider getting a couple after we have dogs. I looked into getting rabbits once with Adam, but they seemed needier than cats, and less likely to be sociable/cuddly. I definitely need a high cuddle and play quotient from my pets - it is just my personality.
  • edited July 2008
    Actually, bunnies can be very cuddly; I really depends on the rabbit's personality. (Sadly, Spooky Marie is as antisocial as they come.) They require about the same amount of maintenance as cats, can be litter trained, etc. etc. As for play, they play by themselves, not like cats with string, but by "binkying" or dancing, and they also like to fling toys around. As for cuddling, all you have to do is sit on the floor and a friendly rabbit will come over to you and sit on your lap. I had a teacher who would watch movies with his giant rabbit on the couch. Now, I'm not trying to convince you that "Rabbits are for you" but I think that it's kinda like you and the city vs. country debate. There are good sides to both. I just prefer the city and rabbits.
    A Happy Billy Bunny playing on the bed
    Friendly Ronnie the Bunny
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • edited July 2008
    Ronnie the Bunny looks almost exactly like my rabbit, it's scary.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on

Really, why choose?
  • Havah, My Wife Laying on the Hammock with Zoee 3

My wife with our 3.5 month old Chihuahua, Zoee
  • edited July 2008
    Chihuahuas worry me. Rabbit and Bacon pie! (3rd down). I've been meaning to try rabbit for some time.
    If you like rabbits and want to be traumatized further, type "cooking with rabbit" into google image search with safe search off.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Rabbit and Bacon pie!
    -Starts to cry-
    The desired effect.
  • Chihuahuas worry me.
    How can an animal that weighs less then 5 pounds worry you?
  • The flaming lips remind me too much of annoying kids with too much time on their hands.
  • Theflaminglips remind me too much of annoying kids with too much time on their hands.
    Hey, Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots is fucking rad.
  • Chihuahuas rock. Don't hate.

• Chihuahuas bother me too.
  • edited September 2008
    I said they worry me; Their heads look deformed.

Border Terriers, FTW!
  • Their heads look deformed.
    Well bred chihuahuas should have a perfectly apple-shaped head. I don't see the deformity.
  • [videos and proof as to why bunnies are awesome]
    Man... I want a bunny really badly now. Though I don't know what will happen if it meets my cats... o.O
  • Chihuahuas bother me too.
    That movie looks absolutely painful.
    Welsh Corgis are the cutest dogs in the universe.
    LOOK AT THOSE WIDDLE LEGS
  • Welsh Corgis are the cutest dogs in the universe.
  • Welsh Corgis are the cutest dogs in the universe.
    Bah, at least they still look slightly like a real dog. >_>
  • Poofy chinchillas! Yeee!

Bunny in a bag picture was sent to me by my mum.
  • edited September 2008
    The "Leddle Legs" title is still held by the Dachshund (according to my sister). Corgis are good too.
    Chinchillas are so amazing. Those yours Max?
  • Those yours Max?
    I wish..
  • LOOK AT THOSE WIDDLE LEGS
    SO CUTE! I want one!