This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Team Fortress 2

Comments

• If you have other GN people as friends, right click and choose Join Game. You should also be able to go to community, click Groups -> GeekNights and see who's in-game right now, and they should have a "Join Game" link there.
    Also, you can go to the Friends tab in the Browse servers menu, and it will show a list of all the servers the people on your friends list are playing on.
  • Maps and shit be downloading, yo.
  • edited June 2011
    You setting one up, then?
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Maps and shit be downloading, yo.
    You setting one up now?
    Why not? I'm bored, and I can always just reserve the right to give up, should it be too annoying or micromanagey. Or too much for the Linode I'm on.
  • I'd love to get a game on but I'm knackered. Might be awake again in 4 hours or so and then will probably have a play.
  • Me, Jason, and Omar. Let's do this! Team ATW9K power, GO! ATARI!
  • Just IM me when we're ready. I'm a pretty good engineer, now. Sorta.
  • Fortress Row Crew (Real Men Use SV_Alltalk), password scrymgay
    I will join you guys for a game tomorrow.
  • I will have time this week if you guys want to play. You will all learn to fear me as a soldier.
  • edited June 2011
    Just got TF2 and upgraded it to a premium account by buying a small in game item. In the end, its pretty much paying 5 dollars for the full game and im willing to do that.

Never played before, but i played the medic. Had a great great time, i love the uber mechanic to death. Think i may have found my main class.
    Post edited by lifecircle on
  • edited June 2011
    This image captures the last few games fairly well -

Seriously, that was crazy fun. It'll be even better when we get more people.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • The fact that I'm able to post this screenshot should scare some people:
  • It's a seriously good server - high quality shit-talking, a good skill level, lots of good, wholesome family violence.
  • It's a seriously good server - high quality shit-talking, a good skill level, lots of good, wholesome family violence.
    Now we just need one last thing: insane gimmick maps that only show up every so often.

I'm probably going to leave it in Ivory Tower Mode (AKA with a joinpass) forever. I see no reason to invite the unwashed masses in.
  • I wanna git in on dis.
  • I'll be sure to check out the FRC server tomorrow night. Look for HOO-HAHS FILLED WITH GOOFJUICE.
  • I'll be sure to check out the FRC server tomorrow night. Look for HOO-HAHS FILLED WITH GOOFJUICE.
    I think I've seen you on another server. Do you ever go to the 4chan Party Van server?
  • My little brother tells me that he dominated all of you at some point. That amuses me.
  • There are a disgusting number of mods that boil down to "I hate this class/weapon".
  • Oh man, that was crazy fun. I got to take a peak inside Sonic's head, too.
  • A+++++ server.
    Would die again.
    Welcome, one and all, to Air Hustlin'.

Had a great time on the server tonight, will gladly come back for more with you crazy, wonderful people.

Also, a few graphics card errors.
  • I'd like to play with you fine folks tomorrow but I'm not used to playing shooters where I have to pick a very specific server. I played the game for about an hour during one of the free weekends, that's about all my experience. Please pardon my noobness, but do I need to know anything special or have anything running aside from Steam to get onto the FRC server?
  • Also, a few graphics card errors.
    Aw man, those are wonderful errors. I wish I could have gotten some.
  • Please pardon my noobness, but do I need to know anything special or have anything running aside from Steam to get onto the FRC server?
    Pride, Courage, and B-B-Balls of Steel.
  • edited June 2011
    Is the server still up? I'm having some issues connecting.

Ah I got in but the server is empty. Hopefully more action tomorrow!
    Post edited by Dromaro on
  • Ill try to join the Geeknights server as well.

Probably be dying..a lot. Aha.
  • edited June 2011
    I'm going to be adding some new maps to the rotation. Specifically, pl_minepit, pl_donkeykong_final, cp_hotelhell (yes, the duke nukem map, yes it's terribly broken in favor of red), and Wacky_Races. If anyone has some ideas for other fun maps (I have some good non-gimmick ones I'm going to add later), lemme know.

Also, quote of the game last night goes to Rym with: "This is the only fucking weapon I've unlocked in this stupid hat game, so I'm going to use the hell out of it."
    Post edited by Neito on
  • Of course, anyone who wants to add me on steam, It's in my IDshare and my account page. I play at odd hours, but odd enough that I still catch a few of you.