This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

96k First person shooter!

edited March 2008 in Video Games
.kkrieger is an awesome beta fps, but that isn't the important part. What's crazy is that it takes up 96k! Doom 1 took up like 2000k. This game could fit on one of the original 8-inch floppy disks! It has graphics are about as good as half-life 2, and uses some fancy thing to produce graphics and texture called .werkkzeug. The download site can be found here.imageimage
BTW, This image is 78k, only 18k less than the game!

Comments

• You should put in the title "96kB". I was expecting super slow camera footage (First Person Shooter --> FPS --> Frames Per Second) This could be a cool idea if it catches on.
  • You should put in the title "96kB". I was expecting super slow camera footage (First Person Shooter --> FPS --> Frames Per Second) This could be a cool idea if it catches on.
    I thought the same thing. I was going to say something about how even if the video card can render 96,000 frames per second, the monitor can't refresh that quickly.

But yeah, first person shooters in small amounts of memory is nothing new. I used to have an fps on my TI-86 calculator.
  • Now thats something I'd like to see.
  • jccjcc
    edited March 2008
    It also requires half a gig of RAM.
    Post edited by jcc on