This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

trouble with wordpress, actually mysql

edited June 2006 in Technology
I am unable to install wordpress on my server because I can't seem to set up a user for my server. It says in the instructions to create a server (which I had done) and then create a user for it. I can't seem to find it in the gui. I use fuitadnet.com for my service. I connect to my mysql via (what I believe to be called) an esim interface. Can someone help me out with this?

If I can't fix this in a reasonable amount of time, i'm going to switch servers.

Comments

• Sorry, I can't help you when it comes to those proprietary web GUIs. This is part of the reason we pay a premium to have Linode as our host. We have complete, raw, root command-line access over our server. I have absolute control over everything on the server. Although, I would not suggest you use Linode if you are not a Linux expert.

If you are able to enter MySQL commands, here is how you create a MySQL user. Everything in italics is a variable you should modify.

GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON databasename.tablename TO 'username'@'hostname' IDENTIFIED BY 'password';
    FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
  • I can't seem to find a way to enter mysql commands. Fuck it, I'm going switch to a wordpress friendly server. It's cheaper too.