This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

El Hazard: The Wanderers

edited March 2008 in Everything Else
I can't remember, are we NOT supposed to watch this?
Also, I found an awesome site called surf the channel. Its like Crunchy Roll, except with anime and everything else. Although it seems kinda flaky sometimes.

Comments

• I can't remember, are we NOT supposed towatch this?
    Also, I found an awesome site called surf the channel. Its like Crunchy Roll, except with anime and everything else. Although it seems kinda flaky sometimes.
    That is correct. It's not the worst anime ever, but it isn't the one you want to watch. What you want to watch is a 7 episode OAV El-Hazard: The Magnificent World.
  • Ah yes. One of the rarest anime out there according to you and Rym.
  • Ah yes. One of the rarest anime out there according to you and Rym.
    Actually, a cheap DVD set we did not know about was released just after we did that episode. You can probably get it easily.
  • The problem is that Geneon was the ones who released it. However, Right Stuf says that they have it in stock at the moment.
  • *gasp* $109 for both OAVs? I don't have that kind of spare cash. If only they sold the first OAV of half that price, then maybe.
  • That's the wrong one. You want DVD1 and DVD2.
  • edited March 2008
    That's the wrong one. You wantDVD1andDVD2.
    That's what I thought as well. However the $109 also contains the second OAV from the description Amazon gives.

I forget if the 2nd OAV is any good. It's been years since I've seen it. Can anyone recommend if it's worth purchasing?
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I forget if the 2nd OAV is any good. It's been years since I've seen it. Can anyone recommend if it's worth purchasing?
    Do you like lesbians?
  • Do you like lesbians?
    Oh good lord, now I remember. I will not be getting that then. Thanks.
  • I forget if the 2nd OAV is any good. It's been years since I've seen it. Can anyone recommend if it's worth purchasing?
    Do you like lesbians?
    Not that I don't trust you on anime opinions, but is there a wrong answer to that question?
    Do you like lesbians?
    Not that I don't trust you on anime opinions, but is there a wrong answer to that question?
    Aye, what is wrong with lesbians Scott? We have one on the forums, so be nice!
  • Aye, what is wrong with lesbians Scott? We have one on the forums, so be nice!
    Did I say something was wrong with lesbians? Stop putting words in my mouth.
  • Aye, what is wrong with lesbians Scott? We have one on the forums, so be nice!
    Did I say something was wrong with lesbians? Stop putting words in my mouth.
    You heavily implied something was wrong with lesbians.
  • You heavily implied something was wrong with lesbians.
    Ah, no, you inferred it. What I was implying is that I don't imagine most people want to watch yuri shows.
  • Ah, no, you inferred it. What I was implying is that I don't imagine most people want to watch yuri shows.
    I would be one of those people to whom he was answering the question. :P
  • If you want the second OVA, you can get episodes 1-4 as well. It's still cheaper than that $109 version.
  • Just got word that El Hazard is coming back RIGHT STUF’S NOZOMI ENTERTAINMENT Announces
    License for & Release of
    EL-HAZARD: THE WANDERERS DVD Collection
    Entire 26-episode series in one complete collection available Sept. 7, 2010
    I kinda of like the series though due to I watched this before the OVA series, but I think some part are good. The episode about Afura Mann and Shayla-Shayla background is told more in depth. No news yet on the OVA series