This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Virtual Console Releases 4/7/08

edited April 2008 in Video Games
At first people were hesitant about the virtual console, and how they would only put out a few games each week. Well, the Wii has been out for a long time, now, and virtual console games have been piling up. Most of them have not been very noteworthy, but there have been some awesome ones in there. However, I don't think I've actually bought one since F-Zero X.

Until today.

When I get home today I am buying two virtual console games immediately! Two of my favorite NES games of all time.

Bases Loaded, just in time for baseball season!
Yoshi's Cookie, best 2-player puzzle game IMHO.

Emily, you should come play bases loaded so you can hear the ja ja ja-jaja music.

Comments

• Yoshi's Cookie, best 2-player puzzle game IMHO.
    Oooh. O_O Dammit, I have to spend monies now. -_-

I'm really hoping they bring Zombie Ate My Neighbors. I spent way too much time playing that game, and I greatly miss it.
  • I had bases loaded for Game Boy ages ago. That was a sweet game. The only way I could ever score consistently was hitting home runs.
  • I'm really hoping they bring Zombie Ate My Neighbors. I spent way too much time playing that game, and I greatly miss it.
    They Came to Earth for One Thing...
    Level 12: Mars Needs Cheerleaders

I loved that game so much.
  • I dunno, where's my mofo'ing Super Mario RPG?
  • IGN says next week will bring River City Ransom

To me, this is fucking fantastic news as long as they will show up in europe sometime. Not only do I really want to play that game but this could also open the gates fro other Kunio-Kun games like Super Dodge Ball or one of my all time favorite games, Nintendo World Cup. I can already see it to tie in with the European Soccer Championships this summer.

Just to rant a bit on, the European cup will partially be played in my home country and my university closes down for a few days because the stadium is so close to the university and the parking lot of the University was rented to the city.
  • Holy crap. I just read on Wikipedia that the game was already released in europe in February. Why did nobody fucking tell me?
    Damn, now I gotta buy some Wii points again. It will be the first VC game I buy in pretty much exactly a year. The last thing I bought was Bomberman in April 07.