This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Burning Wheel?

Comments

• /R/burningwheel is open, if any of you redditor guys want to join in and help the community grow.
    0_0 YES!!!
  • /R/burningwheel is open, if any of you redditor guys want to join in and help the community grow.
    Not a lot of people post stuff but when someone does a decent amount of people discuss. Hoping I can get some more BW games in so I can post some more topics.

• Yeah, I'll lend a hand.
  • I've always wondered why the wheel is burning in the first place.
  • I've always wondered why the wheel is burning in the first place.
    Hey man, we didn't start the fire.
  • Prepping a one shot about a giant and a kid. They take on other giants, a cult and the townsfolk. Trouble is I'm not sure why the giant and the kid are the go-to protagonists at this point. I've kind of sold it as "a giant and a kid do stuff" so I'd best come up with something.
  • Prepping a one shot about a giant and a kid. They take on other giants, a cult and the townsfolk. Trouble is I'm not sure why the giant and the kid are the go-to protagonists at this point. I've kind of sold it as "a giant and a kid do stuff" so I'd best come up with something.
    Sloth and Chunk, problem solved.
  • Yeah, ever since I got overloaded with work I haven't been able to post more, or GM an online game like I wanted to. I'm open to suggestions though.
  • More or less what The Little Death said. Come tot think of it, I wouldn't be averse to trying to run a game again though, after all that's how the Front Row Crew Breakfast Club got started.
  • GeoGeo
    edited March 2013
    I wouldn't be averse to trying to run a game again though, after all that's how the Front Row Crew Breakfast Club got started.
    I'm in favor of this.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • The Little Death
    That's Mr. Orgasm to you, mister. ;D

I really would appreciate that. I was also thinking of asking Luke Crane to do an AMA, but I would have to get /r/RPG for that.
  • Luke might be more excited do that when the Secret Summer Surprise is announced or when his not-so-secret Archaia project is revealed.
  • Running my "giant and a kid" one shot tonight. I'm really looking forward to it since I boiled the motivations down to a potent sludge. Hopefully it'll all work in play.
  • RymRym
    edited April 2013
    Ds&Ds has a new name - Introducing 'Torchbearer' The New Indie Dungeon Crawler From The Creators Of 'Burning Wheel'
    Eeeeyup. I has an excite!

You never played the prototype, have you? I've played it twice, and it's everything you want it to be.

I have two words for you:

Inventory Tetris.

Post edited by Rym on
  • So when you get a row of your inventory full it disappears and makes more space? awesome! :-p
  • So when you get a row of your inventory full it disappears and makes more space? awesome! :-p
    Hush you, you know what I mean. ;^)

Think X-Com. OLD X-Com. Do you carry out that chest of gold... or do you keep your sack of healing potions with you?
  • I like the idea of a dungeon-delving game that forces you to make very hard decisions about what to keep and what to ditch. I am confident that Thor and company will make a suitably unforgiving game.
  • Unforgiving is a word I would use.
  • Inventory tetris isn't easy to pull off in a way that doesn't feel really arbitrary to the player, or isn't really annoying to do with pen and paper.
  • edited April 2013
    Obviously one need to implement inventory management with Blockus pieces.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • edited April 2013
    Inventory tetris isn't easy to pull off in a way that doesn't feel really arbitrary to the player, or isn't really annoying to do with pen and paper.
    A game that comes with a physical grid and Item tokens in various shapes would be fun, but I think that would be more sorted to a quick playing board game than anything long running.

Edit: Maybe something akin to Munchkin. Ie: You fill up your pack with tokens at the beginning of the game then over the course of the games various cards are drawn representing things happening in said dungeon. Some cards require resources that you have with you and others award you with various loot. Maybe with some kind of trading mechanic.

Post edited by Drunken Butler on
  • This gave me an idea. Physical miniature sacks. You get a bunch of tiny props, and whatever you can actually stash in your sack is game.
  • I'm way too excited for this. Any word on release date?
  • Looks like August/September. I'm stoked as well.
  • I know that old school dungeoneering is not my thing, so I'm not interested of this as a thing that I would like to play, but I'm interested of it in a general and theoretical level.

• edited May 2013
    I'll back that for book and pdf. Hopefully it is more simple than they imply. I'm actually less interested in the game if it has too much content built in.
    Post edited by Anthony Heman on