This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Yu-Gi-Oh 5D's

edited April 2008 in Anime
It's about motorcycle street racing Yugioh. They take it so seriously, and it's sooo gooooood. If you have a taste for the AWESOMELY terrible then I recommend you give the first episode a shot.

Comments

• Wait, so there's a show, called "yu-gi-oh 5D's" that is about Yu-gi-oh racing motorcycles? Does he still play cards? Does he play cards while racing motorcycles? Do you have a link?
  • Plot Summary: Many years in the future after the exploits of Yugi Mutou, Domino City has become a shadow of its former self: Neo Domino City. There lies a strong divide between the rich and the poor, and bridging that gap proves to be difficult. Neo Domino seems fit to entertain itself with a wild new event called "Riding Duels", the newest form of playing the ever popular Duel Monsters card game. Enter Yusei Fudou, a young man who lives on the edge of the law, making his own rules. His ultimate objective is to challenge the world champion Riding Duelist, Jack Atlas. But for what purposes...
  • That sounds so, so bad.
    If by "bad" you mean "fucking intense," then yes. Hell yes.
    Not everyone has the HOT BLOODED PASSION to withstand children's card games while riding motorcycles.
    If by "bad" you mean "fucking intense," then yes. Hell yes.
    Yeah, that's pretty much what I meant.

I mean, for Pete's sake, the main character LIVES ON THE EDGE and MAKES HIS OWN RULES because he's XTREME.
  • If the main character made up new rules while playing cards on a motorcycle that would be even cooler.

Also, the motorcycle should breath fire. As should the cards.
    edited April 2008
    It's about motorcycle street racing Yugioh. They take it so seriously, and it's sooo gooooood. If you have a taste for the AWESOMELY terrible then I recommend you give the first episode a shot.
    I explicitly did not put that anime in my to get (check) list for that expected reason.

Why don't they just play chess while being driven around in mom's minivan?
    EDIT: I'm so more likely to watch it then.
    Post edited by ... on
  • Wow. This sounds like something someone would make up for a bad fanfic.
  • Sounds like good material for an abridged series to me. *hint*
  • edited April 2008
    Sounds like good material for an abridged series to me. *hint*
    It's already been joked about in the Abridged Series.

Also, this is epic win. EPIC EPIC win.
    Post edited by VentureJ on
  • Wow. This sounds like something someone would make up for a bad fanfic.
    That what I was thinking.
  • It's about motorcycle street racing Yugioh. They take it so seriously, and it's sooo gooooood. If you have a taste for the AWESOMELY terrible then I recommend you give the first episode a shot.
    I am down with this show but only cuz you like G gundam :P
  • Horrible. Let's never speak of this again.
  • Does the main guy still stack his deck? That guy is always cheating in Yu-Gi-Oh, how else would he top deck the right card every episode?
  • Does the main guy still stack his deck?
    Nah, he just learned from the can of Coke.

To the game's credit, it was Vanilla Coke. I don't think anyone could have competed with that.
  • To the game's credit, itwasVanilla Coke. I don't think anyone could have competed with that.
    What about a can of Cherry Vanilla Coke?
  • I find it odd that I have more of a problem with the main characters gimmicky deck than I do with the concept of motorcycle card battles.
  • I find it odd that I have more of a problem with the main characters gimmicky deck than I do with the concept of motorcycle card battles.
    That is possible? Oh god, how awful must the decks be then.
    That is possible? Oh god, how awful must the decks be then.
    It's Yu-Gi-Oh, the winner is the person who has all the broken rares. Although I have never played the game myself, I have come to understand that it's all about getting the uber broken power cards, placing them facedown and then faceup at some point.
    The owner of a gaming shop I used to go in (before it sent down and went all internet based) used to hate all the smelly kids playing the game in her shop, yet the most likely spent more money than us Magic players but she didn't mind us spending all day there playing card games and hardly spending anything. Hmm maybe this is why the shop wasn't making that much money...
  • It is very dificult to make a balanced game with expansions being added in every 4 months. You can't get enough playtesting in to see if a card made five years ago can be combined with a card in the new set to instantly win the game. This is why Magic (and others) went with the tournament formats where old cards are phased out from tournament play. That and it allows them to reprint a certain number of cards with new names.
  • It is very dificult to make a balanced game with expansions being added in every 4 months. You can't get enough playtesting in to see if a card made five years ago can be combined with a card in the new set to instantly win the game. This is why Magic (and others) went with the tournament formats where old cards are phased out from tournament play. That and it allows them to reprint a certain number of cards with new names.
    This is exactly what Yu-gi-oh is doing right now, though their formats don't change the game QUITE as drastically as Magic does (since it is nowhere NEAR as bad).
    It is because you have a manly heart and motorcycles are manly, if you do not believe me just ask Go Nagai.
  • Any game that has 8 levels of rare has something deeply wrong with it.
  • Any game that has 8 levels of rare has something deeply wrong with it.
    Bandai can't hear you over the noise of the money they are making.
  • *hugs this series* I think it's awesome. I love the first chapters of Yu-Gi, where it didn't take 3 hours to finish one card game, and I especially adore GX.

Add bikes into the mix and I'm there! XD I mean, it can't be -that- bad..right?
  • *reads the plot*

*dies*
  • Ok. Yugioh Season Zero was awesome, where the main character would burn people to death, give them heart attacks, cause them to go blind....etc.
  • *hugs this series* I think it's awesome. I love the first chapters of Yu-Gi, where it didn't take 3 hours to finish one card game, and I especially adore GX.

Add bikes into the mix and I'm there! XD I mean, it can't be -that- bad..right?
    Eh, I DO hope you just forgot to use Jason's Green Font of Sarcasm.

I had my old, naive addiction to YuGiOh ripped from my very heart and soul when they came out with GX. For the love of christ, that show had more gimmicks than Sony claimed the Revolution had.
  • Wow, children's card games are serious business in the dystopian cyberpunk anime future.

The only thing I can think of to make this more ridiculous is if there was a major plot threat about people who undergo genetic manipulation or cybernetic enhancement for the sole purpose of playing cards better. Also, extra credit if the extreme hero who lives life on the edge and plays by his own rules is an amnesiac and the result of a super soldier experiment.