This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 080409 - Newspaper Comics

13»

Comments

• Alt text is ""Unsafe vehicles, hills, and philosophy go hand in hand."
    Put that in the img tag. Use the title attribute.
  • That XKCD is win all over.
  • There's a german webcomic that sometimes is published in german papers. The comic is called Shit Happens and I find it very funny. I translated one for you guys:
  • Rym, did you know that Opus has been back for a couple of years? It didn't sound that way in the podcast. It only runs on Sundays, and here's last week's edition:
  • Does anyone else loathe Family Circus or am I alone?
    Fuck that comic! Even in an episode of Pinky and the Brain they said it wasn't funny.
    Fuck that comic! Even in an episode of Pinky and the Brain they said it wasn't funny.
    Oh my god, that episode was amazing.
    That comic needs to be almost killed by asphyxiation with that dotted line, poked with flaming hot cattle prods and then burned at the stake for breach of taste and humour.
  • XKCD once again shows the only good use of dotted lines:
  • The way Scrym feel about the Peanuts is the way I feel about Monty Python.
  • I don't know why so many people like Get Fuzzy. Dilbert is funny a handful of times per year. Get Fuzzy is never funny.
    I was recently rereading some Get Fuzzy books and I stumbled upon a certain comic I thought would be funny to share. Now, I know I apparently could not prove Scott wrong on having him think Get Fuzzy is a funny comic, however I think in light of Scott not being able to a pushup this comic is quite appropriate. ^_^

• Get Fuzzy does suck, but finding new ways to point out that Scott has weak little arms is still pretty funny.
    Originally it was "Valentine's Day beaver." A lot funnier that way. Censors ruin everything.

I read Pearls Before Swine sometimes, that's about it. It's starting to feel like it's losing its edge.
  • He actually managed one on camera the first time he did the UStream thing.