This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Dark Crystal

2»

Comments

• After Zack from Saved by the Bell, David Bowie in this role was my second sex dream. Yeah, I know... Zack from Saved by the Bell is lame... I hated the show, but apparently I liked him for some inexplicable reason.
    I had a thing for Kelly for years.
  • After Zack from Saved by the Bell, David Bowie in this role was my second sex dream. Yeah, I know... Zack from Saved by the Bell is lame... I hated the show, but apparently I liked him for some inexplicable reason.
    I had a thing for Kelly for years.
    Kelly was so hot! Actually she was the hottest in the show.
  • I saw The Dark Crystal ages ago, and, well, I really disliked it. To me, it was too cheesy, the whole muppet thing made it nigh impossible to take it seriously, the dialogue was not very well written, and the villains looked like they came straight out of Power Rangers. However, looking at some clips on the gray areas of the Internets, it doesn't seem as bad as I once thought.

Gai?
    -retches- Good God! Now from an artistic point of view, I don't think I could ever question Jim Henson on anything he does because he was an artistic genius in the field of puppetry and creativity. But I'm gonna break that stance and ask what the hell was he thinking when he cast David Bowie (of all people) in Labyrinth! I didn't like Labyrinth at all. I started watching it one day, and after about 45 minutes into it, I had to press stop because I just didn't think I could keep watching.
  • I didn't like Labyrinth at all.
    We cannot be friends. This is a deal-breaker. Support Bowie and The Dark Crystal or be cast off by my 80s brethren.
  • GeoGeo
    edited September 2008
    I didn't like Labyrinth at all.
    We cannot be friends. This is a deal-breaker. Support Bowie and The Dark Crystal or be cast off by my 80s brethren.
    Well, I guess my previous statement was to the picture of Bowie that was posted. I will admit that from an artistic perspective it was a well done movie, but to me it was an okay movie. While I do like some of Bowie's music, I just didn't like the role he was given. To sum it up: Labyrinth wasn't my favorite Jim Henson flick and I prefer The Dark Crystal over Labyrinth.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • GeoGeo
    edited May 2010
    For those of you who are interested in learning everything you can about the production of The Dark Crystal and want to hear it from Jim Henson's own mouth go to this very well-done and fascinating documentary of which there are six parts due to Youtube's ten minute limit.
    Post edited by Geo on