This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Retro Game Store Map idea!

edited April 2008 in Video Games
I just had an idea for the retro gamers to help other retro gamers. Create a map of retro gaming stores for people to look at so if you are traveling/moving you know where to go. I started it here:

If you would like to contribute to the cause feel free to do so, it is open for your input. All you need is a store name, an address, a phone number, a URL (if they have one) a mini review and a rank (5 best 0 terrible). Hopefully we can all help each other out and dot the entire world! So add your local shop and pass the link around.

Comments

• GeoGeo
    edited April 2008
    Finally!!!! Someone who understands my predicament, you don't know how long I've been looking for a store of that archetype. Yes people, pass it around so all you retro gamers will have a shining light to guide you!!!! CARPE DIEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • FYI, earlier today, I posted an entry to your map. I hope it grows.
  • Tacked on my two cents... which is significantly further away than everyone else. Yay Canada!
  • Thanks for the help, I am trying to pass it around to other "retro gaming sites" for their input. I just added some other stores in my neck of the woods, and (hopefully) will get more ideas when I frequent the next NAVA meeting and Too Many Games. Keep em coming!
  • edited April 2008
    I only know of one retro gaming shop near me. I'll add it to the map once I get it's info.

I noticed NY Videogames on that map. When they were at Ohayocon as a vendor, I saw a lot of bootlegs. Watch out for that kinda stuff, guys!
    Post edited by Dkong on
  • ^ I added that to the store's description, better knowledge helps everyone.
  • Just a small update, if anyone would like to help me out with address entering please let me know. I am getting a lot of entries....actually a lot more then I thought I would get...making it a tad busier then I expected. However I do have to say...it make one hell of a road trip to visit all these places! If you want to do some more address adding, let me know. Thanks and keep the ideas coming.
  • Aww, somebody already put in Video Games NY on 6th St. When I lived on 7th, I went there all the time.
  • Wow! We are now across the pond with France, anyone want to see it?
  • Someone had to have fucked up when entering addresses. I see 4-5 game craze's near Rochester.... I would have to imagine that there's only one.

Also, if you wanna go worldwide, I'll enter some Japanese shops on there.
  • Hey go for it, I wanted to add Super Potato, but I don't know how to enter the address in Google.
  • Wow...I am on Dtoid. Seriously.
  • GeoGeo
    edited April 2008
    Aww, somebody already put in Video Games NY on 6th St. When I lived on 7th, I went there all the time.
    It sounded like you were talkin´in the past tense Emily (can I call you Emily, or is that reserved for your friends?), do you not go there anymore? It sounds like you have found something better than Video Games NY, could you enlighten me or whatev.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • I have found 2 stores better then VGNY, Next Level Video games (south NJ) and Digital Press (Northern NJ), both exceed expectations and are highly recommended.