This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

In search of beta Geeknights...

Comments

• Oh, there's a file on the drive in the server on the log in the hole at the bottom of the sea...
  • It's ok. I'll just hack the Gibson. The episodes have to be somewhere in their garbage files.
  • Hmm. I wonder if he means it's absolutely impossible to find it on google, or just ridiculously unlikely. If someone were to create a program that filtered through google results for "apreche" and finds forum accounts that existed before the first geeknights episode, could it work?
  • All I'll say is that the FRC forums are not the first forums we ran/used. The ones that came before predated GeekNights by quite some time. I believe they're still up somewhere, but I don't remember.
  • Lo, I have heard the legendary lost episodes of yore! And I say unto thee...Why Bother?
  • Lo, I have heard the legendary lost episodes of yore! And I say unto thee...Why Bother?
    Because we're overly obsessive and bored.
  • Because it's slightly less creepy than stalking Scrym on the subway. :)
  • Because (insert good reason here).
  • edited April 2008
    Because... the thrill is in the chase.
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • edited April 2008
    To increase my search monkey skills. Even some of us at the FRC have no idea where this is.
    Post edited by Ametto on
  • One the one hand I feel like telling. On the other hand, no. I guess it's no different than with any secret. One part desperately wants to reveal, even though you know you aren't supposed to.
  • edited April 2008
    Well, everyone else would be pissed off if you told... So even if your own thoughts are ambiguous, everyone else's aren't :P
    Post edited by lackofcheese on
  • One the one hand I feel like telling. On the other hand, no. I guess it's no different than with any secret. One part desperately wants to reveal, even though you know you aren't supposed to.
    Nobody wants to just listen to them. They want to FIND them. It's a game.
  • I will give you all a hint. The old forums are named after a certain location in a classic Nintendo game. However, even if you guess correctly, it will probably not help you find the forums. Also, I will neither confirm nor deny anyone's guesses. My aim is merely to tantalize you all. :)
  • I will give you all a hint. The old forums are named after a certain location in a classic Nintendo game. However, even if you guess correctly, it will probably not help you find the forums. Also, I will neither confirm nor deny anyone's guesses. My aim is merely to tantalize you all. :)
    Ah! I think I know where it is.
  • Can't somebody just post them like they would a post spoiler? So the people who just want to listen to Scrym's first baby steps at podcasting can do so? And those who care for the thrill of the hunt can continue to do so?
  • Can't somebody just post them like they would a post spoiler? So the people who just want to listen to Scrym's first baby steps at podcasting can do so? And those who care for the thrill of the hunt can continue to do so?
    It will tempt the masses.
    Nobody wants to just listen to them. They want to FIND them. It's a game.
    It's both, I think it would be really interesting to hear these episodes.
  • edited April 2008
    God, the suspenses is killing me! will some tell me/us more already.
    As for the hints I have no clue, I wasn't alive during the NES days.
    Post edited by CHOIS CHOIS CHOIS on
  • It's only been 2 days.
  • We sang our own music...
    See... now I have to hear them. Wow. That has got to be amazing.
  • I remember listening to those early episodes in the archive where you sang your own "Things of the Day" theme. "Na-na-NA-naah, nana-nah-NA-naah!" Man, what must you have done for theme music, I wonder? XD
    Okay, at first I was mildly interested to hear these. Now I have to. WE MUST FIND THEM FOR THE LULZ!
  • What IS the Thing of the Day music? I've heard it outside of the context of GeekNights, but I'm not sure where...
  • edited April 2008
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Keh. Internet Archive was no help.
  • Booster Tarantino
    That's the theme. Is that also where the TotD music comes from? I haven't really listened to the song all the way though.
  • Booster Tarantino
    That's the theme.
    I totally didn't read your post ^_^;
  • I just listened to one of the august 2006 episodes, and Rym said that they would release the beta episodes to those who "weren't cool enough to find them on their own." Come on, come on.