This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

In search of beta Geeknights...

Comments

• I just listened to one of the august 2006 episodes, and Rym said that they would release the beta episodes to those who "weren't cool enough to find them on their own." Come on, come on.
    I'M NOT COOL ENOUGH, DAMMIT!
  • I just listened to the blooper reel in the experimental feed. Good god. The sheer amount of flatulence. Now I'm slightly leery of the beta episodes. Of course, my stalker tendencies might just kick in, and I'll try to find them anyway...
  • We should, make Rick roll threats until they give it to us.
    MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *cough*....*cough*
    No seriously, we need to get those episodes.
  • We should, make Rick roll threats until they give it to us.
    MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA *cough*....*cough*
    No seriously, we need to get those episodes.
    Hrm, I wonder what's in that box of mine that I was told not to open... surely it couldn't be all the plagues, diseases, pestilences, and maladies of the world, right?
  • This seemed like a promising lead, but the forum moved or shut down or something in 2007. :(
  • Thisseemed like a promising lead, but the forum moved or shut down or something in 2007. :(
    Oh wow, is that my Puzzle Pirates action? You're going too far back!
  • So i guess everyone gave up. :(
    There is not enough sad faces in the world to show my sorrow.
  • So i guess everyone gave up. :(
    There is not enough sad faces in the world to show my sorrow.
    It's a wild goose chase.
  • Exactly what is considered to be beta GeekNights? I found one fairly easily within a minute where they were talking about the news theme and then Scott sung a few notes several times. They also randomly rambled about random topics. It seems to fit the profile of:
    We sang our own music...
    and
    Lo, I have heard the legendary lost episodes of yore! And I say unto thee...Why Bother?
    I guess I'm asking for confirmation from Rym or Scott if this is indeed one of them.
  • Link or it didn't happen.
  • *chants* LINK LINK LINK LINK!
  • When you see the URL, you will know if you have found it or not.
  • edited June 2008
    I suppose it is then (no GeekNights in the URL). It just didn't seem right since it was so easy to find. I will refrain from posting the link as Scott seems to think it's entertaining to keep it secret (as do I) and if I'm correct, I may have given away a big hint.
    Post edited by gohanrice on
  • I suppose it is then (no GeekNights in the URL). It just didn't seem right since it was so easy to find. I will refrain from posting the link as Scott seems to think it's entertaining to keep it secret (as do I) and if I'm correct, I may have given away a big hint.
    Whisper me the URL, and I'll tell you if you've got it right.
  • I will refrain from posting the link as Scott seems to think it's entertaining to keep it secret (as do I)
    You douchebag.
  • Don't worry, he didn't find anything. He just sent me a link to the first non-beta episode.
  • edited June 2008
    Ah, blast it. I knew that had to be too easy.
    Post edited by gohanrice on
  • Hahaha, ok, that makes me feel better. I panicked and felt stupid when he said he found it in less than a minute.
  • jccjcc
    edited June 2008
    It is mildly frustrating that it's easier to find what appears to be the address of the GeekHaus than it is to find these mystical beta episodes. I have the feeling that some sort of computer trickery is involved that I'm not hip enough to work around. Maybe if I send them a postcard they'll give out some more hints? :)
    Post edited by jcc on
  • Game Gardens

Scott has an account at Game Gardens. That's all I got so far. Heh.
  • I suspect I may have found the old forum Scott was referencing, but I cannot find any viewable copies of it on the interwebs. I've found some other old websites via archive.org, all of which ended up being dead ends. If that old forum is truly gone, perhaps we could get another hint?
  • I suspect I may have found the old forum Scott was referencing, but I cannot find any viewable copies of it on the interwebs. I've found some other old websites via archive.org, all of which ended up being dead ends. If that old forum is truly gone, perhaps we could get another hint?
    +1
  • He said specifically, "The first two episodes, plus the beta ones".
  • I did however, find some "excellent" promo's I'd never heard before, I didn't get to listen to them until this morning.

"It's a hundred and six miles to otakon, I've got a full charge on my DS, half a pack of pocky, my ipod is dead and I'm listening to a podcast on an 8-track"

"In a world where geeks are king and they need podcasts four nights a week and they need podcasts about everything..."
  • edited May 2012
    So, as my near obsessive quest continues, I'm finding increasingly hilarious things. Apparently, at one point, Toon Radio "Acquired the broadcast rights" to GeekNights?
    Post edited by Neito on
  • edited May 2012
    So, as my near obsessive quest continues, I'm finding increasingly hilarious things. Apparently, at one point, Toon Radio "Acquired the broadcast rights" to GeekNights?
    The guy emailed us a long time ago and asked if he could use GeekNights. I gave him the usual line about the Creative Commons license. I don't think anyone listens to Toon Radio, and the guy is a weird fanboy. Yet, he keeps his radio running, and operates it in a professional manner. So whatever.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Also, audioblog link down again. What's the current URL for it?
  • Also, audioblog link down again. What's the current URL for it?
    File not found :( I have to go look at some backups.

I'm pretty sure the old forum is truly gone, unless Scott has a backup somewhere. It was migrated to apreche.net at some point, I believe. At least, I still have PM's from the forum from 2005 that are directing me to apreche.net links.

I think it was migrated more than once, though. Pretty sure.
  • Oh mans, I remember the old promos. Also, 90% sure that forum isn't publicly viewable anywhere on the Internet, though I did read some of Scott's blog posts from when he was 21. Scott, you used to be super political!