This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Mouse Guard RPG

edited April 2008 in Role Playing Games
You guessed it! LUKE CRANE BITCHES!

Minutes before we did the Luke Crane interview for GeekNights at Ubercon, we were actually sitting with the Archaia guys discussing how awesome Mouse Guard is, and Luke offered to make a Mouse Guard RPG. I guess it really happened!

Comments

• Neat. I'll have to check that out when its available.
  • I had just started listening to the Mouse Guard episode of GeekNights yesterday. I love coincidences like that. XD Man, now I really have to go out and buy both the comics and the RPG when it comes out.
  • I just finished the podcast. I bought the book last week and finished it in one sitting. I'm very happy that I read this. Everything Scrym said I agree with it. Those mice are extremely cute, but they are also badasses. I am really interested on reading more background information on some of the characters.

BTW Rym, you said that you can easily rant about The Secret of NIHM, what did you mean about that? Did you enjoy the book, but not the movie? I haven't read the book, however I remember that movie being one of the better animated movies growing up compared to crap like Rainbow Brite and Star Stealer or Care Bears, The Movie.
  • I picked up the book at Comic-con from the author which was really cool. He signed it, and did a little drawing of one of the mice.

Anyway, so I read it and its a really great comic. I definitely see a whole lot of potential in the world as a RPG. It will be an interesting read.
  • Minutes before we did the Luke Crane interview for GeekNights at Ubercon, we were actually sitting with the Archaia guys discussing how awesome Mouse Guard is, and Luke offered to make a Mouse Guard RPG. I guess it really happened!
    I think this might be very awesome indeed. A simplified set of Burning Wheel rules could really open it up to more gamers, the same way OD&D; lead players to AD&D; (in a good way).
  • Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but I got this game, and it's fantastic. It's not the stripped down Burning Wheel that a lot of people thought it was going to be, but it's a great game in its own right, and the BW DNA is very apparent.
  • Our copies should be here very soon
  • Our fist game should be entitled: "The Cheese Stands Alone" ^_^
  • Our fist game should be entitled: "The Cheese Stands Alone" ^_^
    Hickory Dickory Dock
  • Our fist game
    Whatever floats your boat, I guess. ~_^
  • I just got the book. I haven't read it yet, but I looked at it for about 10 seconds. It beats Burning Empires, and is now the #1 most beautiful RPG book ever.
  • It's cool that you guys got the initial scoop.
  • It's cool that you guys got the initial scoop.
    What scoop? The book has been out for weeks. What are you waiting for?
  • I just ordered this RPG and told my D&D group that we'd be playing a campaign next where everyone is a mouse (with armor and swords) and would be fighting things like owls and snakes. I was surprised that they all really took to the idea!

They are working on a name scheme for the party where they are all named after snack foods. So, now I can't wait to GM for "Dorito the Brave", "Mambo the Fruity" and "Cheeto the Quick".
  • edited September 2009
    My friend got the rulebook and I've been reading through it. I like it as a whole, but I do have some mixed feelings about the game in general.

Edit: After looking at the feedback at my post in the Burning Wheel thread, I realized most of concerns have to do more with the Burning Wheel system as a whole, so in effect Mouse Guard might actually work as a better primer to the system.

One thing I was wondering, is how well does the system run with a large group of people? I'd probably run this with my Sunday group which can range anywhere from three to eight other people, and I've found some of the more freeform systems can get a bit hectic if everyone's talking at once.
    Post edited by Fletch02 on
  • edited October 2009
    I picked up the book the other day, and it sounds fantastic. I've been interested in Burning Wheel for a while, but I haven't picked it up yet, so I imagine this should serve as a nice introduction to the way BW works for when I do actually get it. Plus, I'm a huge fan of the Mouse Guard comics, so being able to do some adventures in that world is definitely a big draw.

I'd really like to get my main group of friends together to play this, but it's a rare occasion when we're all together and available lately. So my question now is, has anyone here played it yet?
    Post edited by Diddgery on