This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Hidden: Source

edited April 2008 in Video Games
I've been going through the various mods for HL:2 and while I'm not a big fan of survival horror games, this one stood out to me as being a lot of fun as a team game.
Hidden places a team of miscellaneous looking soldier types in a map and they have to kill the other player, called the "Hidden" or "Subject 617" who has only melee attacks but can cling to walls and looks to the other players like a very faint blur.
The reason I am posting so soon after playing just the tutorial and one match was that in the first game I played online, 617 had killed four of the six other players and it was just me and a guy called Jesus left and we were looking through this archway looking onto a courtyard and I turn around to see..

Jesus had just jumped off the side of the building. Traitor.
I turn back. Shimmer, click, "Bang!". "I.R.I.S [soldier team] Win". Last man standing in my first match!

This game looks good, I'm going to need some practice with the Hidden but you can tick a box when you choose your soldier so that you won't be randomly selected to be The Hidden.

Hidden:Source website.

Comments

• Awesome, thanks for the reminder! I heard about this about 2 years about and completely forgot to try it, then forgot about it completely. Look forward to trying this.
  • I played this a few years ago, it wasn't bad. Definitely fun if you play with only the game sounds and in the dark.

It did get boring pretty quickly though.
  • Ah, heard about this game before. Some guy on another forum made a roleplay post about it. Can't get there anymore though.
  • My entire Steam folder became corrupted, I am now reinstalling everything and will be looking into a mod called "Empires".
  • My entire Steam folder became corrupted, I am now reinstalling everything and will be looking into a mod called "Empires".
    I heard of that mod, and almost played it. It looked like it had a steep learning curve, but then so does Natural Selection. I'll definitely try it once I get the new computer rocking.
  • edited April 2008
    Empires is just refusing to work after I managed to play one game. As is Hidden.
    Empires seems pretty awesome. You need to read this before playing.
    Post edited by Omnutia on