This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 080416 - Marvel Teamup and Invincible

2»

Comments

• edited August 2008
    If I said any further than that, THEN it would be a spoiler. ;)
    I didn't know it was told at the beginning. I thought they would've been more secretive about the OMG THEY ARE MONSTERS! And my guess is dragons. Or at least reptilian.
    Ah K, never mind. I thought you'd read or seen it. Sorry about the harsh tone. ^^;

Although I will say that your guess was close, but not for the reasons you think it might be. ;)
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • edited August 2008
    Someone cry "SPOILER!" ;-;
    How can you spoil an anime? See that girl there? She's about to turn into a robot. There. I've spoiled about 99% of all animes.
    If it is, then my bad opinion of anime in general is justified.
    Go on iTunes and watch "Tales of a Street Corner". If you watch that, and you don't realize that there are good anime out there, then I'll reimburse you for the cost of it.
    I'll keep that in mind. Actually, I'm not entirely serious about my bad opinion of anime in general. I'm sure that there must be some good anime . . . somewhere. I'm just saying that dismissing superhero comics because you don't like spandex and bold font is like dismissing anime because you think high school robot girls are silly. There's good stuff in both genres.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • If it is, then my bad opinion of anime in general is justified.
    Go on iTunes and watch "Tales of a Street Corner". If you watch that, and you don't realize that there are good anime out there, then I'll reimburse you for the cost of it.
    I'll keep that in mind. Actually, I'm not entirely serious about my bad opinion of anime in general. I'm sure that there must be some good anime . . . somewhere. I'm just saying that dismissing superhero comics because you don't like spandex and bold font is like dismissing anime because you think high school robot girls are silly. There's good stuff in both genres.
    No, dismissing anime because of high school robot girls would be like dismissing all comics because of superheroes. Scrym have made it clear on several occasions that it's just underwear perverts they don't like, and that the rest of the comics medium is much more varied and cool.
  • I'll keep that in mind. Actually, I'm not entirely serious about my bad opinion of anime in general. I'm sure that there must be some good anime . . . somewhere. I'm just saying that dismissing superhero comics because you don't like spandex and bold font is like dismissing anime because you think high school robot girls are silly. There's good stuff in both genres.
    I don't dismiss the superhero comics. I actually own a lot of them, if you haven't noticed. It's just that the really good ones are few and far between. You might not believe it, but there are actually one or two good robot schoolgirl shows. Princess Tutu, a schoolgirl fairy tale ballet battle show, is one of the best I've seen recently. No joke.
  • edited August 2008
    If it is, then my bad opinion of anime in general is justified.
    No, dismissing anime because of high school robot girls would be like dismissing all comics because of superheroes. Scrym have made it clear on several occasions that it's just underwear perverts they don't like, and that the rest of the comics medium is much more varied and cool.
    In this particular episode, Rym had a lot of problems with Marvel Teamup because they were wearing costumes and using bold fonts. That's not a very good reason to say you dislike a book. Also, there have been many comic stories that have been very good despite being about the underwear perverts.
    I don't dismiss the superhero comics. I actually own a lot of them, if you haven't noticed. It's just that the really good ones are few and far between. You might not believe it, but there are actually one or two good robot schoolgirl shows. Princess Tutu, a schoolgirl fairy tale ballet battle show, is one of the best I've seen recently. No joke.
    I don't mean "you" as in Scott. I mean "you" as in a generic "you". You in particular haven't been down on the superheroes nearly as much as Rym.
    I actually own a lot of them, if you haven't noticed. It's just that the really good ones are few and far between.
    I think that, for me, the good animes will be few and far between.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • Is that a whole genre?
    Yes.
    WHA? I never even heard of a show with school girls transforming into robots. Girls never become awesome robots.
  • WHA? I never even heard of a show with school girls transforming into robots. Girls never become awesome robots.
    Well I know of at least one girl that can turn into a naked car. ^_~
  • WHA? I never even heard of a show with school girls transforming into robots. Girls never become awesome robots.
    Well I know of at least one girl that can turn into a naked car. ^_~
    I heard about that, but the only robots that are cars are the autobots. Which do not include a naked car that transforms into a girl.