This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Mortal Kombat vs DC

edited April 2008 in Video Games
http://worldscollide.com/

I guess Vader and Yoda weren't enough, the public demands more cross over! I'm hoping the "Koming Soon" at the end of the trailer was on purpose.

Comments

• Well Batman has the upper hand there.
  • Those two don't really mix well at all, that trailer looked like some crappy fan production.
  • When you're making a fighting game, you have to keep it balanced in the interest of good gameplay. If one character is stronger than another, then it sort of ruins the game unless you ban certain characters, etc. When you start taking licensed characters that people know about and mixing them together, but you also keep the game balanced, it starts to infringe upon suspension of disbelief. There is no universe in which Scorpion even has a chance of even hurting Superman. There is no way Siegfried without some magical weapon can last more than a few seconds against Darth Vader or Yoda. On the other hand, it is really cool to see all of your favorite characters together in one game.

I think I have a solution to this problem. You know how in racing games they split the cars up into classes? It keeps the Lamborghini Diablo separate from the Ford Focus. They could do the same thing in the fighting game. I think if someone made a fighting game with lots of characters, think MvC2, but separated them into tiers based on power, that it would provide all the fun of having tons of familiar characters with the fun of a balanced game.
  • There is no universe in which Scorpion even has a chance of even hurting Superman.
    Two words: Kryptonite Spear
  • Two words: Kryptonite Spear
    This is a classic fighting game, not a Smash Bros. style game. No items.
    Not even like Soul Caliber where you pick which weapon (combo) you want to use for that fight? I.e. the kryptonite spear, or the lightning spear, etc...

And thane, that's 4 words. :p
    Not even like Soul Caliber where you pick which weapon (combo) you want to use for that fight? I.e. the kryptonite spear, or the lightning spear, etc...

If you do that, then it will become a game of rock, paper, scissors.

Player A: I choose Superman!
    Player B: I choose Scorpion with kryptonite spear!
    Player A: Oh, then I'll switch to Batman with a shield.
    Player B: Oh, then I'll choose Superman with a car to throw at you.
    Player A: I choose Batman with kryptonite spear then.
    Both: Fuck this game.
  • You know what my fan boy heart wants. I want a, just like in SC 2, a special character for each single console. I wanna fight Yoda with my Link.
  • If you do that, then it will become a game of rock, paper, scissors.

Player A: I choose Superman!
    Player B: I choose Scorpion with kryptonite spear!
    Player A: Oh, then I'll switch to Batman with a shield.
    Player B: Oh, then I'll choose Superman with a car to throw at you.
    Player A: I choose Batman with kryptonite spear then.
    Both: Fuck this game.
    Have you even played Mortal Kombat? A ropey-speary thing comes standard with the 1992-model Scorpion.
    Ha x2.
  • From my perception it seems like MK is a dying struggling franchise and DC jumped onto the wrong ship.
  • From my perception it seems like MK is a dying struggling franchise and DC jumped onto the wrong ship.
    Wait, wait. This is REAL?
  • It isn't even mature rated. The fatalities were the main reason people played the original games.
  • They seemed to have removed fatalities, yeah. They've added "finishing moves" to replace them.
  • Mortal Kombat has not been good since the second game so why should I care?
  • It worked for Marvel VS. Capcom video games one and two. Why not a Mortal Kombat VS. DC Universe fighting game.