This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What elemental bender would you be? (not a quiz)

GeoGeo
edited April 2008 in Anime
If you could be any of the elemental benders as seen in Avatar: The Last Airbender, which one would you want to be?

Personally, I would want to be a Waterbender.

My reasons for wanting to be one are the following:

1: I have a strong affinity for water and I love to swim.

2: I am fascinated by the ocean and everything that lives in it.

3: I believe in a more defensive style of martial arts.Waterbending is based largely off of Tai Chi which is a very fluid and defensive martial art, and I'm all about that.

4: My favorite classical element is Water

5: I find the Water Tribe to be a really cool (pardon the pun) and collected nation of people, and that's the kind of people I would see myself living with.

Comments

• Bending Unit 22, Bender Bending Rodríguez
  • Bending Unit 22, Bender Bending Rodríguez
    Dang, my joke has been stolen. Of course, I was going to do the joke with an image, but oh well.
  • I have never seen the show, but I would bend logic.
  • edited April 2008
    Bending Unit 22, Bender Bending Rodríguez
    Dang, my joke has been stolen. Of course, I was going to do the joke with an image, but oh well.

Not too late.

Anyway, I'd like to bend reality, but to answer the question air.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • I almost went with:image
  • I've only watched small parts of the show, and I'm about to watch the 1st season. But so far fire seems the most useful of all.

You can't 'pick' which to which element you belong, of course.

(also, I thought of the bender joke when I read the topic, but c'mon! We don't need 5 posts of that joke!)
  • I wonder why nobody said "John Bender".
  • Goddamnit.
    That's particularly amusing, considering that episode 305 is practically an homage to the Breakfast Club.
  • I think it's interesting to set the Powers of Avatar to today's world.
    Earth benders would ruin cities (assuming concrete works for them)
    Water benders would just have to stand near a sink to be unstoppable.
    Air benders would ruin airplane services.
    And Fire benders would be insurance hazards.

I'd have to go with air - it's the closest to flying you can get in that world.
  • I'd go with waterbending. First of all, if anyone's seen the episode on bloodbending, you know that the destructive potential for waterbending is incredibly high. Also, you have power over ice, which allows for even more control over the environment. In terms of transport, flying is the best. Regardless, I'd love to be able to slide everywhere on a gigantic sheet of ice, or surf on a continually moving wave. So, amazing destructive capabilities, AND a really cool mode of transportation? I'm sold.

Ah, and healing powers. We can never forget the healing powers.
  • Probably fire for me. I like destroying stuff! Also, I don't have patience nor the stomach to heal or fly, nor can I even swim. Water terrifies me. As for Earth, I'm not calm enough. ^-^;
  • I'm a water man myself. I love the fluidity and adaptability of it. as you can shift it to and from ice. I also just like water: swimming, sailing, kayaking, etc.
  • Earthbender, it seems the most useful of all the benders. Plus I love Toph's style of bending (aesthetically speaking,) its both fluid and strong.

Fender bender.
    /obvious

Fender bender.
    /obvious
    lol
  • Water Bending is clearly the most powerful as water is in just about everything including the air.

Earth Bending is also very useful as we have seen that Toph has advanced the art to the point where she can Bend steel (or is it just iron?)

Air Bending allows some forms of flight/gliding but even a Fire Bender can create a hot air balloon.

Fire Bending is where the destruction is. Because its source is internal it's something you should never run out of.
  • Water Bending is clearly the most powerful as water is in just about everything including the air.
    I think you can only bend it when it's in 'large' quantities. Not to sure though.
  • think you can only bend it when it's in 'large' quantities. Not to sure thou
    No no, you are 100% correct my good sir.
    I would disagree and put forth Blood Bending as my counter example of the 'large' quantities claim.
  • edited April 2008
    think you can only bend it when it's in 'large' quantities. Not to sure thou
    I would disagree and put forth Blood Bending as my counter example of the 'large' quantities claim.
    Let us not forget when Toph and Kitara were locked in the wooden cell and they started "working up a sweat" so there would be some water to bend.
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on
    Well, the heart pumps large amounts of blood through the entire body per second. pwn3ed
    Well, the heart pumpslargeamounts of blood through the entire body per second. pwn3ed
    Not in rats, as they were the first test subject for the blood bending.
  • edited April 2008
    Well, the heart pumpslargeamounts of blood through the entire body per second. pwn3ed
    Your body is mostly liquid.
    Post edited by Rym on
  • edited April 2008
    Well, the heart pumps large amounts of blood through the entire body per second. pwn3ed
    You're body is mostly liquid.
    I quoted large because it has to be large on an absolute scale. A drop of water (or blood) contains a lot of molecules.
    Post edited by Bronzdragon on
  • Can you guys try to cut down on massive block quoting?
  • It's a fight between fire and water. Water is in nearly everything and it's definitely powerful. With fire I love how you can manifest it out of nothing and make lightning if you're good enough.
  • Actually, If you were a really good water bender, you could probably gather up water vapor and condense it, getting water ready for bending from what appears to be thin air.
  • Electric attacks do 2X damage to Water-types.
    Water attacks do 2X damage to Fire-types.
    Fire attacks do .5X damage to Water-types

A Fire/Electric Bender would do 6X damage to a Water-type if using an Electric attack!

A few days ago I caught the new commercial for the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game and I thought it was a commercial for Avatar!