This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What do you need?

edited June 2006 in GeekNights
Here is a link to the current WordPress theme for GeekNights.

Current WordPress Theme

If you need a running copy of WordPress on a webserver, I can set that up for you as well. Let me know.

Comments

• Food, water, shelter, air, and sex. That should take care of all of the biological requirements.
  • Yet another case of broken whispers. I promise this will be fixed when the forum is upgraded to version 1.0. It's just a matter of time.
  • b-r-o-a-d-b-a-n-d
  • Bacon. Definitely bacon.
  • Can't forget the cheese.
  • Yes! That's it! A bacon and cheese sandwich.

/drool
  • If we've got a sandwich, we obviously need some kind of bread.

Good crusty bread is one of life's necessities.
  • edited June 2006
    I used to LOOVE the Broken Whispers!!!!!!!

I would sit up at night staring at my poster of them listening to the song "Cola Colored Soul" and wonder how they were able to say all of the things I wanted to but never was able to.....

Like that part in "Friend So Alive (I Wish I Was Too)" that goes:

My angels crawl behind the woe!
    And yet the familiar desert far beyond the sky slumbers.
    Have flaming memories mocked riches?
    My riches stand, lustfully still.
    It loves my lover, hopefully...
    Suddenly, a change -- my brother crawls, restlessly.

Oh man! Doesn't that just make you want to cry????

Well, I wouldn't blame you if you haven't heard of the Broken Whispers.... They weren't into getting their name out to the masses. They wouldn't be understood by all the "regular" people anyway...

But they're HUGE in Europe!!!

edit-i messed up the lyrics on the original post! can you believe it!?! DUH!!! (i'm soooo embarased!!!!)
    Post edited by Nazhuret on
  • I need to discover some new music.

/me checks out the broken whispers.
  • What do you listen to now Scott?
  • Right now I'm mostly listening to:

The Roadhouse podcast (blues)
    Derek the Bandit's Sound Republic podcast (psychedelic trance)
    Super Eurobeat
    Anime Soundtracks
    New Machinae Supremacy album (really good)
    Same old classic rock that never changes.
  • Oh my god. I was totally just kidding but there seems to actually be music with this name. I suppose I should have searched for it first.

The funny thing is it seems to be exactly the kind of thing I was making fun of. Though it might actually be kind of good at the same time. Spooky ambient stuff... Hmm...
  • edited June 2006
    New music? Well, there's Kiuas, that I mentioned to you guys before; they've got a new album out, and it rocks my face. Also, I remember mentioning Sonata Arctica to you and you were all like "wha," so check them out too.

And if you like power metal - not symphonic power metal like Rhapsody or newer Blind Guardian, but power metal like Gamma Ray or Helloween or such - then check out Dragonforce, a band suffused with the power of cheese and metal. They're a tad over the top, but good.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • If you decide to go to DragonCon this year, or just get bored, check out Voltaire. You might not be into darkwave or goth music, but I have yet to meet anyone who doesn't like him.
  • I need a new job, one that actually gives me hours so as I can earn the monies to buy the things
  • Forgot Buckethead.

How dare I.

Probably one of the best guitarists on the planet.
  • Awesome bands I've discovered within the past 6 months:

The Cat Empire.
    Man Man.
    Gogol Bordello.
    Tegan and Sara.

THEY ARE ALL SUPER-YES.