This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Concerts you plan on going to in the near future

Comments

• Anyone who liked one should see the other.
    The Halifax show this October is more of a music show than the one I've already seen, so I'm pumped. I love these guys.
  • Because I'm a high school student and don't have the time or money to throw into a four day concert. Also, I already had tickets to The Who on Saturday and Second Stage Turbine Blade is far and away the best album.
    If you say so. Though I'm not sure why you'd wanna see some 60-year-old guys who haven't written a decent song in 25 years.
  • edited July 2008
    If you say so. Though I'm not sure why you'd wanna see some 60-year-old guys who haven't written a decent song in 25 years.
    Because my dad got the tickets and it's for his birthday. I'm lucky I get to go to one night of Neverender at all, you know.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I'm seeing Children of Bodom September 14.

I'll make sure of it. XD
  • I am posting this while waiting for Lewis Black to start his concert at Baltimore's Meirhoff Symphony Hall. I love this phone!
  • Saw Armcannon yesterday.
  • Saw Armcannon yesterday.
    I saw them at Noh Con a few years ago. I liked them.
  • I saw/hung with them at T-Mode. Awesome guys.
  • Tonight: live orchestral performance of Copland's An Outdoor Overture, Elgar's Cello Concerto, and Gustav Holst's THE PLANETS!
  • Tonight: Amon Amarth with The Absence, Ensiferum, and Belphegor, at the Palladium in Worcester, Massachusetts. Should be epic.
  • Amon Amarth
    A friend of mine dragged me to one of their concerts and they "shot" pig blood at the audience...
  • Amon Amarth
    A friend of mine dragged me to one of their concerts and they "shot" pig blood at the audience...
    Amon Amarth? Sure you're thinking of the right band? I mean, I've never seen them live myself, but the most they do, from what I've heard, is toast to Odin before the show starts.
  • I'm seeing Nine Inch Nails in Manchester, NH on November 8th. This will be my third time seeing them in concert, I can't wait.
  • Amon Amarth
    Amon Amarth? Sure you're thinking of the right band? I mean, I've never seen them live myself, but the most they do, from what I've heard, is toast to Odin before the show starts.
    I'm pretty sure. One of their songs was called "Hermods Ride to Hell" I believe.
  • Amon Amarth
    I'm pretty sure. One of their songs was called "Hermods Ride to Hell" I believe.
    Yeah, that's them. Pig's blood, eh? Sounds like it'll be an interesting time.
  • edited October 2008
    I'm seeing Nine Inch Nails in Manchester, NH on November 8th. This will be my third time seeing them in concert, I can't wait.
    Is this part of their tour with HEALTH?
    Post edited by whatever on
  • Yes it is, I've never heard of HEALTH. How are they, and is there any album/songs I should check out to get to know them?
  • Yes it is, I've never heard of HEALTH. How are they, and is there any album/songs I should check out to get to know them?
    They're pretty awesome. Their self-titled album and remix album //DISCO are both great.

• edited October 2008
    I didn't realize NIN and HEALTH had cross-over appeal.

HEALTH is one of those bands I think I could only enjoy live. I really just can't enjoy their music by itself, but their performance is awesome.

Anyway, my friend Scott and I are going to try to go see Streetlight Manifesto and Reel Big Fish in January.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I didn't realize NIN and HEALTH had cross-over appeal.
    Judging by the other bands touring with them (Boris, The Bug), I doubt they care about the cross-over appeal.
  • Streetlight Manifesto and Reel Big Fish in January.
    With some luck, same here.
  • If anyone here is a melodic death metal fan, I highly recommend The Absence. They were most excellent. Belphegor is alright, but a little weird, and Ensiferum is a straightforward folk metal act. Not bad.

Amon Amarth, of course, is totally fucking awesome. One of the best shows I've seen.
  • Aquabats and Suburban Legends on Nov 17 in DC.
  • Anyway, my friend Scott and I are going to try to go see Streetlight Manifesto and Reel Big Fish in January.
    Just bought my ticket, I'm so pumped. I must acquire a tie and other proper skanking attire.
  • I heard that Coheed blows live...from MANY people. Many, many people...<_<. Report back in after the show, though, I'm curious.

I'm probably seeing Slightly Stoopid, Outlaw Nation, and DJ Unite tomorrow night. I've never really listened to those bands before, but it's a cheap concert and my friend wants me to go...so I'm going.
  • I heard that Coheed blows live...from MANY people. Many, many people...<_<.</p>
    Lies!
  • I heard that Coheed blows live...from MANY people. Many, many people...<_<.</p>
    Lies!
    I should hope so. I have fairly high expectations for the concert, this being the culmination of their storyline and something they've wanted to do since the beginning.
    I'm probably seeing Slightly Stoopid,
    I have a friend who has been to many, many of their shows. You'll probably enjoy yourself.
  • Tech N9ne, November 9.
  • I have a friend who has been to many, many of their shows. You'll probably enjoy yourself.
    Reporting back. Show was awesome. Me and my friends dicked around for the first hour or so, but we ended up seeing all of Outlaw Nation and most of Slightly Stoopid (we had to leave a bit early cause it was getting really late, like close to midnight).