This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Concerts you plan on going to in the near future

Comments

• edited October 2008
    Dragonforce in B-more in Nov. I gotta go!
    Post edited by Viga on
  • I'm going to see Green Jelly on Wednesday.

Yes, THAT Green Jelly.
  • I'm going to go see Flogging Molly on New Years Eve and Reel Big Fish about a week later. Good lord that is going to rule.

Yes, THAT Green Jelly.
    Holy Crap!!! Where are they playing? Is Danny Carey still playing with them, and is Maynard James Keenan on tour just so he can say the "not by the hair by my chinney, chin chin"?

Yes, THAT Green Jelly.
    Holy Crap!!! Where are they playing? Is Danny Carey still playing with them, and is Maynard James Keenan on tour just so he can say the "not by the hair by my chinney, chin chin"?
    I'm seeing them at Northern Lights in Clifton Park, NY. I have no idea who's touring with them. More info is available on their Myspace page.

Yes, THAT Green Jelly.
    I'm seeing them at Northern Lights in Clifton Park, NY. I have no idea who's touring with them.More info is available on their Myspace page.
    Two things:

1. The show was a whole shitload of fun. Good times.

2. Danny Carey and Maynard are not on tour. Oh well.
  • I still wish I was able to make it to that show. I tried to get my friends to go and get me the Cereal Killer DVD, but both of my friends in the area had to work.
  • Co & Ca was fucking unreal. They played the Second Stage Turbine Blade album plus In Keeping Secrets..., Welcome Home, and No World For Tomorrow as the encore, which equals the best set ever. I got some awesome pics I'll post later.
  • Oh, hey, I was going to mention in here, I saw the Decembrists. It was a pretty good show, but I'm not really all that into them (tickets were cheap, friends were going). Still had a good time.
  • edited November 2008
    Live music, as long as the band halfway decent, is usually fun no matter what.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Pics with matching videos.

Delirium Trigger

Welcome Home

No World For Tomorrow
  • Nine Inch Nails was great as always. I'm not sure what I think about HEALTH. I kind of understand what they are going for, but I just don' think I enjoy listening to it.
    HEALTH
    Nine Inch Nails
    The Nine Inch Nails shirt I got
    iPhone's don't like low light...
  • HEALTH
    Bear Police would have killed to be in your place.
    iPhone's don't like low light...
    I took my pics with my iPhone too and, even still, the pictures are good enough.
  • Gonna be all indie tomorrow and check out The Smell. Seeing No Age, Wavves, Mika Miko, and Abe Vigoda, among a few others. Hard to argue with a $5 ticket price, too.
  • Going to see Elton John and Bill Joel in May. Pretty good seats, too.
  • Thinking about going to Franz Ferdinand in March and already got my tickets for AC/DC in May.
  • Hooray, I can stop lurking because I saw Monkey Majik play last night in Morioka. It was pretty bangin', although there were a bunch of girls in the audience who kept shouting "onii-chan!" (which I believe means "big brother") at the skinny lead singer (there are two, one skinny and one not-so-skinny). I thought that was kind of weird. Maybe it is some sort of inside joke; the alternative is that Monkey Majik has the most twisted groupies ever.

• I need to find out who's touring soon. I have a list of folks I need to see before they die, and many of them have or had nasty drug habits. I'm not going to let myself run into another Strapping Young Lad situation.
  • Going to see The Who in March.
    Looking forward to it.
  • Going to seeThe Who in March.
    Looking forward to it.
    I saw their concert in 2007. It was totally awesome.
    Looking forward to it.
    I saw them about two months ago and found it underwhelming.
    Looking forward to it.
    I saw them about two months ago and found it underwhelming.
    Are you sure that wasn't The Guess Who?
  • Are you sure that wasn't The Guess Who?
    Hahaha. Yes.
  • Seeing Animal Collective in June. :D
  • It's not a concert per se but I'm off to see Avenue Q in a few weeks. There's nothing quite like adult muppets!
  • It's not a concert per se but I'm off to seeAvenue Qin a few weeks. There's nothing quite like adult muppets!
    So good!
  • Yesterday I saw Turisas and Dragonforce in Amsterdam.
  • It's not a concert per se but I'm off to seeAvenue Qin a few weeks. There's nothing quite like adult muppets!
    So good!
    Adam (his first time) and I saw (my second time) it on inauguration day. In For Now the lyric "George Bush is only for now!" elicited uproarious cheers. It is always some solid entertainment! Have fun!
  • Last Night on impulse, I went to see Status Quo in Hull. T'was Awesome.