This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Concerts you plan on going to in the near future

Comments

• Sail, I wish I was you right now.

Also, goddamn, I cannot WAIT for the Animal Collective show at Lollapalooza. ESPECIALLY if Of Montreal precedes that shit.
  • I am most likely seeing 311 in Cleveland on Tuesday June 16th. Will be awesome.
  • November 14th I fulfill my life goal of seeing They Might Be Giants perform their album Flood in its entirety. November 15th I die happy.
  • November 14th I fulfill my life goal of seeing They Might Be Giants perform their album Flood in its entirety. November 15th I die happy.
    Oh you lucky little bastard! I wish TMBG played near my place :(
  • Next Saturday I'm off to Hard Rock Cafe Calling (catchy name) in Hyde Park. Headlining is Neil Young, also playing Fleetfoxes, The Pretenders and Sea Sick Steve. I cannot wait.
  • Going to check out some local acts at Girl Cave on Wednesday.
  • Next concert on my list: Saturday at Lollapalooza. Me and my friends are gonna go see Arctic Monkeys, then Rise Against, then Tool (or Beastie Boys, but we're thinking Tool).
    I'm mainly pumped for the monkeys. Without them, I wouldn't give enough of a shit to go.
  • Animal Collective's playing between Rise Against and Tool. Just saying.
  • I've never listened to them, and neither has my friend who's going with me. Regardless, I'll probably try to stop by.
  • Animal Collective's playing between Rise Against and Tool. Just saying.
    I've heard that Tool bands boo every other band that plays, including bands that are unarguably better than Tool.
  • I'm mainly pumped for the monkeys. Without them, I wouldn't give enough of a shit to go.
    Monkeys make everything worthwhile.
  • Dream Theater tomorrow, then VNV Nation in two days.
  • In addition to the Hold Steady tomorrow and BtMI! on Monday, I'll be hitting up the Bosstones show on Thursday. Life is good.
  • Warped Tour in a few days!! OH YEAH!!!
  • They Might Be Giants is playing a free show in my hometown in September.
    Awesome! I won't be able to make it, as I'm running low on cash (going to ConnectiCon instead) but I would totally go if money weren't a problem - Bad Religion will be there!
    Awesome! I won't be able to make it, as I'm running low on cash (going to ConnectiCon instead) but I would totally go if money weren't a problem - Bad Religion will be there!
    I know !!!!! XD
  • Bad Religion will be there!
    Bad Religion is great live -- or at least they were in '98 or so. Actually, when I saw them, they were complaining about the short set they had just played at the Warped Tour, so they played a VERY LONG set -- a couple hours, iirc.
  • Lollapalooza tomorrow. Awesome.
  • edited August 2009
    Thinking of going to Fuck Yeah Fest. Also bought a ticket to Warped, but I might of wasted fifty dollars because now it looks like I won't be able to go.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Thinking of going toFuck Yeah Fest. Also bought a ticket to Warped, but I might of wasted fifty dollars because now it looks like I won't be able to go.
    Tim and Eric!? After that Major Lazer vid, I think I'd be willing to contract myself into indentured servitude to see them live.
  • Thinking of going toFuck Yeah Fest. Also bought a ticket to Warped, but I might of wasted fifty dollars because now it looks like I won't be able to go.
    Tim and Eric!? After that Major Lazer vid, I think I'd be willing to contract myself into indentured servitude to see them live.
    Then the very least you could do would be to fly out here to see them with me ;)
  • edited August 2009
    Thinking of going toFuck Yeah Fest. Also bought a ticket to Warped, but I might of wasted fifty dollars because now it looks like I won't be able to go.
    Then the very least you could do would be to fly out here to see them with me ;)
    Alas, I move in the 20th and start school on the 24th, otherwise I definitely would figure out some way to get there. Perhaps next summer on a road trip or something.
    Post edited by WindUpBird on
  • I went to a Tyrese Gibson micro-concert last night after his comic book signing...Meh.
  • Reporting back: Lollapalooza was amazing. Dan Deacon, Fleet Foxes, Decemberists, Los Campesinos!, SMD, Kaiser Chiefs, Dan Auerbach, and Jane's Addicition were some highlights. I also met Gareth Campesinos! of LC! while watching Lou Reed. He's a really, really nice guy (he asked me my name, volunteered his, and we talked about Threadless shirts after he complimented mine) and he earned his band a lifelong fan.
  • Reporting back: Lollapalooza was amazing.
    How was Lou Reed? Also, I heard people were moshing and crowd surfing at the AC show and that it was kinda lame.
  • Reporting back: Lollapalooza was amazing.
    How was Lou Reed? Also, I heard people were moshing and crowd surfing at the AC show and that it was kinda lame.
    Lou Reed was godly. For a 67-year old, he rocks pretty damn hard.

I went to AC's set, but it was sort of weak. There was moshing and surfing like you mentioned, but they didn't play as well as they could have, and as such the set sounded like a massive loop of distorted Navajo chants. I left before it ended.
  • I just saw Jeff Beck about a month ago at Foxwoods and that was easily the best concert I have ever been a part of.
  • Reporting back: Lollapalooza was amazing. Dan Deacon, Fleet Foxes, Decemberists, Los Campesinos!, SMD, Kaiser Chiefs, Dan Auerbach, and Jane's Addicition were some highlights. I also met Gareth Campesinos! of LC! while watching Lou Reed. He's a really, really nice guy (he asked me my name, volunteered his, and we talked about Threadless shirts after he complimented mine) and he earned his band a lifelong fan.
    You damn well better have seen Arctic Monkeys!
  • Kraftwerk in two hours. They play at an old powerplant.