This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Concerts you plan on going to in the near future

Comments

• Kraftwerk in two hours. They play at an old powerplant.
    That is the sickest thing I've ever heard.
  • Kraftwerk in two hours. They play at an old powerplant.
    Jealousy. I has it.
  • The Kraftwerk! It was awesome!
  • It's that time again. Thrice and Brand New: Nov. 3
  • GeoGeo
    edited August 2009
    I cannot believe this is actually happening near me, damn I'm awesome for living in Connecticut

Rockapella
    October 2, 2009
    West Hartford, CT

How could I not go to this concert? If you don't know who Rockapella is, just look them up and you'll instantly remember them 'cause of one song they made.
    EDIT: But if you don't know who they are just by the name, I feel really bad for you, unless you weren't born in the mid-late eighties in which case you will be forgiven.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Rockapella
    October 2, 2009
    West Hartford, CT
    WHY IS EVERYTHING COOL HAPPENING IN CONNECTICUT RIGHT AFTER I LEAVE FOR ROCHESTER!?
  • GeoGeo
    edited August 2009
    Rockapella
    October 2, 2009
    West Hartford, CT
    WHY IS EVERYTHING COOL HAPPENING IN CONNECTICUT RIGHT AFTER I LEAVE FOR ROCHESTER!?
    Because it's the state that puts on a boring facade for a while and then gets rid of it to make way for the awesome shit to happen when you least expect it or when it's inconvenient for you.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • edited September 2009
    About an hour ago, I got home from seeing Totally Nebular and Hear Hums at The Soma Center in Lake Worth, Florida. I've been really into Totally Nebular since meeting the guys at an Animal Collective show and getting their album Boat Boat online. They played most of it, in order. Although there were some sound problems, and it was their first show in a long time, it was still a whole lot of fun. The Some Center is a really small cafe, and there were probably around 50 people there, so we all stood directly in front of the band, dancing and head nodding along with them.

Next was Hear Hums, a band I had never previously listened to and was not sure exactly what to expect. The band consisted of one guitarist/vocalist and two percussionists. It sounded like the drumming from a Boredoms album with indie rock guitars. They had a projector showing extreme close ups of food behind them. Their set ended with a chaotic rendition of Derek by Animal Collective, which was definitely my favorite part of the night. I bought their CD for $5, along with Boat Boat by Totally Nebular and Vernal Pools on cassette by Forest Clay, the keyboard player in Totally Nebular, for $2 each. Spoke with members of both bands afterward, all really sweet people.

Apparently, the Hear Hums album I bought was recorded solely by the guitarist, before the two drummers joined the band. Their live sound is drastically different from the sort of soothing, experimental pop on this album. I prefer the abrasive noise that I experienced tonight, but this is good as well.
    Post edited by whatever on
  • Arctic Monkeys

9-28-09
    Newport hall in Columbus, OH

I'm pumped because I love the Monkeys and this is gonna be 1 week after I move into OSU.
  • I just bought my tickets to Cypress Hill's SmokeOut, which seems like it will be amazing. I'll also probably see Jay-Z when he's in El Paso.
  • I'm so conflicted.

I want to go see The Aquabats at their show in three weeks.

But...

But they're on the same bill as Blink-182 >_<
  • There is a high probability that I will be going to see U2 on October 1st :O
  • I actually ended up seeing Kings of leon tonight at the Schottenstein center on (or near?) OSU campus. Shit was weak as HELL!

I mean yeah...compared to them on the radio, they sounded great. The song selection sucked though. But hey, students got free tickets, and we were also able to scalp them (I ended up selling 1 cause I got extras).
  • I'm going to try to go to an Islands concert next month, but there's nothing set in stone yet.
  • edited October 2009
    I ordered my Mastodon/Dethklok tickets yesterday for the Myrtle Beach show. Fuck yeah!
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • The Killers on November 3th.
  • edited October 2009
    Trespassers William on Saturday.
    Post edited by kiwi_bird on
  • Trespassers William on Saturday.
    The fact that their name is a reference to Winnie-the-Pooh makes them automatically awesome.
  • Trespassers William on Saturday.
    The fact that their name is a reference to Winnie-the-Pooh makes them automatically awesome.
    Yes, it does.
  • Hm. I may go see Marduk with Nachtmystium, Mantic Ritual, Black Anvil, and Merrimack in Worcester next Friday.

After the 'tallica show last night (did I mention that it was amazing?), my buddy Mike expressed an interest in going with me to see Nile on January 16th. They're touring with Immolation, Abigail Williams, Krisiun, and Dreaming Dead. I'm not missing that show for anything.
  • edited November 2009
    They Might Be Giants tomorrow night playing their Flood album in its entirety. Then a boatload of ska shows in December(Less Than Jake/Fishbone, Big D and the Kids Table, Reel Big Fish) and The Residents at the end of January.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • They Might Be Giants tomorrow night playing theirFloodalbum in its entirety. Then a boatload if ska shows in December(Less Than Jake/Fishbone, Bid D and the Kids Table, Reel Big Fish) and The Residents at the end of January.
    You lucky lucky so and so. I grew up to that album. I do wonder if the world is in love again, why we are marching hand in hand....... Anyway I sureeeeee hope you enjoy it
  • I grew up on that album too. Seriously, I see this event as one of the major culminations of my entire life.
  • Hoping to see Totally Nebular and Hear Hums for the second time December 11th.

• Totally Nebular is so friggin' good.

I talked briefly with Hear Hums on Myspace when they found Lazy Roar and told 'em to listen to Healthy Animal and that you were in their area.
  • January 29th

Scale the Summit
    Cynic
    Between the Buried and Me
    Devin Townsend Project

Northern Lights, Clifton Park, NY

Fuck. Yes.
  • Cynic + BtBaM = <3
  • Cynic + BtBaM = <3</p>
    Is that somehow implying that you do not <3 the Devin Townsend Project? Or have never heard them?

Also, Scale the Summit is pretty wicked cool.
  • edited November 2009
    Devin Townsend is alright. Just alright. Especially compared to Cynic.

I'm probably cruisin' for a bruisin' by saying that.

Never heard of Scale The Summit, though.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Devin Townsend is alright.Justalright.
    You're dead to me.