This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

IRS Rebate Checks

edited April 2008 in Politics
Anybody besides me find money from the government in their accounts this morning?

We got our payment this morning (Direct Deposit) and now we have to decide what to do with it.

Our bills are not that bad so I expect we will use it on some stuff for the home. I also want to use some of it to buy stone for a patio/garden area in my yard. Other than that we will likely not spend the money.

I would prefer a tax cut over a tax rebate any day of the week but this is better than nothing. especially now that it costs me over $50 to fill my gas tank.

Comments

• Because I had my first job last summer, I'm getting this check for the first time. And because I'm a minor I got almost every cent that they took back.
  • I could throw the money at my pile of student loans, but really, it's not enough money to be worthwhile in that regard. I'm also managing my debt just fine.

Planning on grabbing a second monitor and some prescription sunglasses.
  • Have to fix my car transmission problems, engine needs a tune up, and a much more.
  • edited April 2008
    I'm trying to think of something really wasteful and enjoyable to spend it on because I know that in less than two years the days of having money for non-essential things I want will be gone, at least for a little while. I'm considering a really nice effects pedal.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I'm trying to think of something really wasteful and enjoyable to spend it on because I know that in less than two years the days of having money for non-essential things I want will be gone, at least for a little while. I'm considering a really nice effects pedal.
    Hookers and blow.
  • edited April 2010
    It's that time of year again.

I almost impulse bought an NES this morning, so that I could hack it for chiptunes. But luckily I spent enough time on eBay weighing my options to realize that I have no idea how to go about doing that.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • It's that time of year again.

I almost impulse bought an NES this morning, so that I could hack it for chiptunes. But luckily I spent enough time on eBay weighing my options to realize that I have no idea how to go about doing that.
    As easy as a Microkorg and a Midines.

I wonder if I have a rebate check at home. That'd be nice.
  • I got mine at the end of February. Hooray for filing early!
  • edited April 2010
    I had no reported income this year other than my financial aid stuff, so my taxes was easy.

But even though it's supposed to be easy, because my dad does all of our taxes, he's filed an extension. He does this every year, I swear.

Next year, I'm doing my own god dammed taxes.

Scratch that. Apparently he had finished them right as I was writing that post. The only reason it was taking him so long was because Turbo Tax was throwing a fit due to me not having any income and thus, not able to compute my federal taxes (non-existent).

Also, my dad has a new set of glasses, which make him look awesome. My dad rules and he could totally beat up your dad.
    Post edited by Victor Frost on