This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Products you miss

edited April 2008 in Everything Else
What product, that can run out or has run out, do you sorely miss?
For me it is Lynx (Axe everywhere but the UK) Marine Deodorant. Smelled so good.

Comments

• edited April 2008
    My childhood.... ^_^ (it was a product of the 80's) which ran out...
    Post edited by Cremlian on
  • Candy cigarettes. They were my favorite candy as a child.
  • edited April 2008
    Candy cigarettes. They were my favourite candy as a child.
    If you mean just the white sticks of sugar and artificial flavours, I can still buy those.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Or with chocolate..
  • edited April 2008
    Candy cigarettes. They were my favourite candy as a child.
    If you mean just the white sticks of sugar and artificial flavours, I can still buy those.
    They were a stick of gum in a wrapper like a cig. When you blow it the candy powder would come out like smoke. Yeah, they stopped making candy cigs in the states a long time ago. It was the claim that they made kids want to smoke for reals.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • McCains Mexican thin crest pizza. I think I was the only one who bought it...hence it's eventually removal from their pizza product line.
  • What product, that can run out or has run out, do you sorely miss?
    For me it is Lynx (Axe everywhere but the UK) Marine Deodorant. Smelled so good.
    Its called lynx in Australia, too. I kinda miss the Phoenix "flavor"(Its getting not hard, but just often irritating to get) but Voodoo is alright, if a bit sweet for my taste. I prefer Diesel Green Cologne, which helpfully has a bit more staying power, too, which is handy for work. Leaning over passengers all "day", one of my primary(Non-safety) concerns is smelling good.

Randomly, Ralph Lauren Blue seems to be the perfume of the month among my female co-workers, with Dunhill Desire being a popular one with the lads.
  • I read somewhere that applying deodorant to damp skin makes the smell last longer.
  • Candy cigarettes. They were my favourite candy as a child.
    They were a stick of gum in a wrapper like a cig. When you blow it the candy power would come out like smoke. Yeah, they stopped making candy cigs in the states a long time ago. It was the claim that they made kids want to smoke for reals.
    Yeah, those were awesome.
    I miss Veal Parmesan. They stopped serving it in east coast Olive Gardens.
  • I wish button-fly pants were easier to find. Same goes for good ginger beer.
  • Dole 100% Pineapple Orange Juice. Oh sure, it's still in the grocery store, but they changed the recipe. There is more apple juice in there now than orange or pineapple. Also, they took out the lemon. It sucks. I drank that juice every day for most of my life, and then suddenly it was gone.
  • Dole 100% Pineapple Orange Juice. Oh sure, it's still in the grocery store, but they changed the recipe.
    Have you ever tried re-creating it?
  • edited April 2008
    There was this brand of potato chips (Crisps, as we call them) here in Albion, called "Monster Munch". They released this flavor called... spaghetti. Loved them, then they went and stopped it. Jerks.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • The original Sprite remix, Pepsi Blue and Surge! Give me back my favorite sodas!
  • Have you ever tried re-creating it?
    Many times.
    Many times.
    I don't suppose you could e-mail the company and see if they would give you the old recipe.
    Many times.
    I don't suppose you could e-mail the company and see if they would give you the old recipe.
    Trade secret.
    Many times.
    Trade secret.
    Heh. They're not using it, but it's no surprise that they still wouldn't give it to you. Poor Scott.
  • Trade secret.
    That's retarded. They obviously aren't using it anymore, what do they have to lose?
  • Pizza Hut's Steak Pizza.
  • Trade secret.
    That's retarded. They obviously aren't using it anymore, what do they have to lose?
    Classic Coke anyone?
  • Glitter jelly sandals. Yeah, they were hot and made your feet blister, but the 5 year old me loved them.

Oh, and snap bracelets. They were only dangerous if you were an idiot child.
  • edited April 2008
    The original Sprite remix...
    Oh man, I loved Sprite Remix! Why did they stop it?
    On other products that I miss... the lemon flavour of Jolly Ranchers. They took it out of the giant packs that my family used to get. My mom would eat the apple, strawberry and watermelon flavours and I would eat the grape and lemons. The flavour they replaced lemon with, Blue Rasberry, is good but just doesn't quite cut it.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • Undercover Bears oatmeal.
    This was basically oatmeal with a detective Bear on the cover of the box. The oatmeal had granola covered gummy bears in it. Gummy Bears in my oatmeal! Yea, that was insane and I can see why they had to get rid of it. T.T
    Many times.
    Trade secret.
    I did that very thing for the pizza I talked about above and they did send me the recipe.
  • They released a third kind of Pebbles (the Flintstones cereals) that had vanilla flavoured cereal (with small pieces of marsmellows stuck to them!) and marsmellows. It was really good, and then it disappeared.
  • Undercover Bears oatmeal.
    This was basically oatmeal with a detective Bear on the cover of the box. The oatmeal had granola covered gummy bears in it. Gummy Bears in my oatmeal! Yea, that was insane and I can see why they had to get rid of it. T.T
    AHH! I loved those as a kid!
  • edited April 2008
    Maxwell House had a French Vanilla coffee that they sold around '95-'98. It was great. They don't make it anymore.

Does anyone know if they make Michelob Dark anymore? I used to love that stuff.

Whatever happened to Godfather's Pizza? That was the best fast-food pizza.

I haven't had breakfast cereal since they stopped making Quisp.

I worry that they might one day stop making Pilot gell-ink pens, so over the years I've bought hundreds of them.

Whatever happened to Anacin?
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • edited April 2008
    In Japan there are a lot of Limited Run Products (remember cucumber melon coke?)
    A few summers ago there were these Matcha Kit Kat bars in the convenience stores. The chocolate was green tea flavored and the cookie was red bean. It was awesome and now they are gone. (I did send some back to my parents, though)
    Same goes for good ginger beer
    Goya, which is carried in many main stream grocery stores, as well as Latino markets, makes a nice and spicy ginger beer. You can get it from Goya.

And on the topic of deodorant, when I was a teenager, there was this non-antiperspirant deodorant that was a clear solid and smelled like peaches, rose, or "tropical rain." I think it was Lady Speedstick. Now you can't find it anywhere, and what is more, can't easily find plain deodorant. I gave the Tom's of Maine stuff a try but it was way too harsh.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • Forget crappy comics, this is the kind of stuff people should be hoarding and sealing away.