This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Is there any "social media" worth using?

edited April 2008 in Flamewars
Rym and Scott rightly complain about Digg having nothing worth seeing anymore, and Reddit, my current favorite, is really heading that way too. Is there any place to go for that "Zeitgeist of the Internet", as Rym once said?

Comments

• Have you tried Plime?
  • Mahalo isn't bad, but not quite the same thing.
  • s there any place to go for that "Zeitgeist of the Internet", as Rym once said?
    Digg is the Zeitgeist of the Internet. The Internet is just ever-increasingly full of very mediocre people and ideas.
  • edited April 2008
    Mahaloisn't bad, but not quite the same thing.
    I hear about Mahalo every time Calicanus is on TWiT. I still don't know what to think of it.
    s there any place to go for that "Zeitgeist of the Internet", as Rym once said?
    Diggisthe Zeitgeist of the Internet. The Internet is just ever-increasingly full of very mediocre people and ideas.
    Ok, allow me to rephrase: Is there any place that's a Zeitgeist of the FRC-esque areas of the internet?
    Post edited by Neito on
  • These forums?

I know, stupid answer.
  • These forums?

I know, stupid answer.
    Really that's the only thing I could think of right now. :P
  • Diggisthe Zeitgeist of the Internet. The Internet is just ever-increasingly full of very mediocre people and ideas.
    Elitist. ^_^
  • Diggisthe Zeitgeist of the Internet. The Internet is just ever-increasingly full of very mediocre people and ideas.
    Elitist. ^_^
    That's a bit like telling a mermaid she's wet, isn't it?