This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeoGeo
edited April 2008 in Everything Else
Taking a cue from SniperDragon, I've decided to make a thread about the upcoming Avatar movie. Apparently, A live-action Avatar movie is in the works will see release sometime around 2010. M. Night Shyamalan (director of The Sixth Sense and Signs) will be the director of this movie. How they will pull this off and who they will use to pull it off remains to be seen, but I imagine it will be done really well. The title of this movie is called The Last Airbender. The reason why "Avatar" isn't in the title is that James Cameron threatened legal action due to him making a movie called Avatar which would be released around the same time. I for one am looking forward to this film, who else is with me?

Comments

• It is a hit or miss concept for a live action movie, but I am really hoping it'll be a hitter... especially with some nifty special effects and CGI.
  • Seriously, fuck Avatar. Stop making fuck off Avatar threads. I will actively not watch Avatar now because it reminds me of the fucktard Naruto community.
  • edited April 2008
    Seriously, fuck Avatar. Stop making fuck off Avatar threads. I will actively not watch Avatar now because it reminds me of the fucktard Naruto community.
    /Agreed

Why don't you post it in the original Avatar thread that Sail linked to you in your other Avatar thread you created?

No offense, I'm sure that Avatar is a decent series, but you are making it to where I don't even want to bother watching it with all these damn threads.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • What?! A show that is popular? It sucks and everyone who watches it is a retard! Now let me get back to my obscure anime no one knows about because I'm cool like that. </ just kidding>

There are quite a number of Avatar threads though.
  • What?! A show that is popular? It sucks and everyone who watches it is a retard! Now let me get back to my obscure anime no one knows about because I'm cool like that.

There are quite a number of Avatar threads though.
    Ok, listen. There is a thread called Avatar: The Last Airbender, I'm not quite sure he couldn't have just posted this in there. Look, I don't care that people like the show, but it's just kind of annoying when we have six threads on the same topic which can easily be placed into a single one.

BTW, I barely even watch Anime. I've watched all of GiTS and a couple of movies and that's it. It's not that the show is popular, it's the ardant "fanboi" culture that surrounds shows like them that I hate.
  • Seriously, fuck Avatar. Stop making fuck off Avatar threads. I will actively not watch Avatar now because it reminds me of the fucktard Naruto community.
    I guess people still don't understand.
  • Agreed. What the hell. MOST of these Avatar threads are being made by the SAME GUY.

I enjoy Avatar myself, but GOD. STOP MAKING NEW THREADS FOR THIS.

WiP. You're a mod, right? Can you please just merge all these threads into one?!
  • I wish I could, the only power I have is that I can edit anyones post. That's it. I don't have power to lock or merge threads.
  • I have come to the realization that lordyupa12 has completely misunderstood my point.

I said that we need one CENTRALIZED thread for ALL Avatar discussion. ONE.
  • edited April 2008
    I have come to the realization that lordyupa12 has completely misunderstood my point.
    I'm not even sure how he could have done that.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I have come to the realization that lordyupa12 has completely misunderstood my point.
    I'm not even sure how he could have done that.
    Neither can I, but seriously. Let's let these extra threads wither away into oblivion.
  • I think something that would be good in Vanilla is per-thread blocking.
  • Ze "block comment"/"block user" buttons, zey do nothzing!
  • Ze "block comment"/"block user" buttons, zey do nothzing!
    What those buttons do is not to remove the comment, but to remove HTML and such from the comment. If there is a comment with huge images, or crazy colors on the fonts, you can block it to set it to just text.
  • ALL RIGHT!!!!

I get the hint! No more Avatar threads, I promise! From now on I'll post in the "official" Avatar Thread!!