This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

AVGN

GeoGeo
edited April 2008 in Everything Else
If you are are a fan of the nerd, which is your favorite review(s) done by him?

Personally my favorites are

Double Vision (ColecoVision and Intellivision)
Nintendo Power
Wizard of Oz
Power Glove
Nightmare on Elm Street and Friday the 13th
and more!

Comments

• I've meet him a couple times, nice guy, REALLY shy. When he shops he unloads a ton of cash. Completely the opposite of what he is on the video screen.

Fav reviews are the power glove, virtual boy, double vision, McKids, and Wally Bear.
  • Silver Surfer is good. The Bible games one is the best.
  • The only one I don't like is the Dr. Jekel and Mr. Hyde one. Every other one is good.
  • I really like his Super Mario Bross 3 review :P
  • I'd have to say I like the Power Glove and Virtual Boy videos the best.
  • edited April 2008
    The Bible games one is indeed the best. Power glove and Top Gun are runners up.
    Post edited by Dkong on
    That one was particularly epic in it's own right.
  • I've meet him a couple times, nice guy, REALLY shy. When he shops he unloads a ton of cash. Completely the opposite of what he is on the video screen.

Fav reviews are the power glove, virtual boy, double vision, McKids, and Wally Bear.
    What?! That is so cool! I'm really jealous.

What?! That is so cool! I'm really jealous.
    Well if you want to meet him, he is going to do an East coast public appearance in the near future...
    I just watched that. I must say:
    That. Was. Epic.
  • That. Was. Epic.
    Honestly, the review was good, but the whole second half of the video was terribly, terribly lame, what with the Jesus and the guns. The costume was good, and I laughed a little when he kept yelling "FUCKERS!" That was about it.
  • ^ Well he did a little fanservice in that video the Jesus was from an earlier work about the Wizard of Hell. However his goal is to mix it up in each video so everyone gets to pull something out of it on a semi regular basis. Its more of pleasing pockets of fans with a certain style.
  • I dunno. The skit-y format kinda puts me off. The Halloween episodes and the Friday the 13th/Nightmare on Elm Street episodes are almost painfully bad.
  • I dunno. The skit-y format kinda puts me off. The Halloween episodes and the Friday the 13th/Nightmare on Elm Street episodes are almost painfully bad.
    What!!? Those were some of the best that he's done!!
    I liked the Texas Chainsaw Massacre one, but otherwise, those kinds of episodes tend to be among the worse ones.
  • Newest episode about the various NES accessories = fucking hilarious and also quite informative to those of us who weren't born in the eighties such as myself (technically I was born in December of '89 but that doesn't count).
  • Power pad was full of win. Also how in the world did he get the uforce to work?
  • GeoGeo
    edited May 2008
    Power pad was full of win. Also how in the world did he get the uforce to work?
    I don't know, maybe it was one that wasn't mad broken? What about the Rolling Rock and Roll 'n' Rocker joke, lmfao.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • I loved the newest episode about the NES accessories. I remember most of those, I even rented the Power Pad from my local video store. Probably the highligh of the episode is that knowing look and nod he gives the camera before he goes to land the Top Gun plane. I have no idea why, but for some reason that made me laugh my ass off, and even just remembering it now is making me grin.

I have to say though, the video did give me the desire to go back and listen to the old GeekNights episode where the guys talked about the worst video game hardware and accessories ever. Still a great episode.
  • edited March 2011
    The newest episode is the 100th episode and I must say, this is probably the funniest AVGN in a looooong time. When he imitates R.O.B., I just about died.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I haven't been following his stuff lately but this makes me want to go back and watch. Utterly hilarious. Favorite part was when he went in the kitchen.
  • edited March 2011
    Yahtzee might be biting AVGN's style but he is MUCH better at cursing things out.

Seriously, AVGN is just a foul mouths mad lib

This _______ing game ______s so much it _______s and ________s so much it __________s, it so __________ty that a dead ________ couldn't _________ in its _________ without __________ing its ___________ in the __________.

now fill in the blanks with the following table using a d6

1. shit
    2. fuck
    3. cunt
    4. diarrhea
    5. spunk
    6. barf

boom, you are now the AVGN.

also 19min is too long to make fun of something. 3 - 5 min max.
    Post edited by DevilUknow on
  • Wow, I knew all about Gyromite, but I never heard of Stack-Up.
  • Yahtzee might be biting AVGN's style but he is MUCH better at cursing things out.
    No, seriously, he's pretty much like that all the time. AVGN is a character. Yahtzee just is.