This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Dororo

edited April 2008 in Manga/Comics
I got it today and it is awesome, also Dodoro's dad was a bad dad :(

Comments

• I got it a week or so ago. It is super awesome. One of the best Tezuka's I have read. It is also refreshing because it is a bit different from other Tezuka manga I have read.
  • edited April 2008
    I thought it was called Dororo.
    I Played a game called "Blood will tell". It's based of off Tezuka's Dororo. After I finish some other books, I will pick it up.
    Post edited by Mankoon on
  • I thought it was called Dororo.
    I Played a game called "Blood will tell". It's based of off Tezuka's Dororo. After I finish some other books, I will pick it up.
    Thanks, I will fix it :P
  • edited April 2008
    I'll probably throw it in my Amazon cart the next time I make a big manga purchase. It looks awesome. And it's like $12-13 for 300 pages. Can't get much better than that.
    Post edited by Dkong on
  • Am I the only one that thinks that Dororo is a little girl?
  • Am I the only one that thinks that Dororo is a little girl?
    I haven't read the comic but in the game she is. I should probably stop bring up connections to the game since I don't know how loyal it is to the book. I do really like that game by itself.
  • Am I the only one who keeps thinking this thread's about Bokusatsu Tenchi Dokuro-chan?
  • Am I the only one who keeps thinking this thread's about Bokusatsu Tenchi Dokuro-chan?
    Not anymore. *sigh* That anime was so insane.
    How?
    How?
    Just the name. Dororo and Dokuro are close enough that if you look quickly, they look the same.
  • Why did Tezuka end it that way?
    Now I just have to wait until zombie Tezuka comes back so I can learn how Hyakkimaru defeated the rest of demons.

Well, here it comes BLACK JACK!
    Not anymore. *sigh* That anime was so insane.
    In a good way or a bad way? In short, you opinion of the show, please.
  • In a good way or a bad way? In short, you opinion of the show, please.
    If my only options are 'good' and 'bad', bad. It's about an big bussomed 'angel' who has a magic spiked club that she uses to kill the main male character for whatever perverted thing happens. Note that those moments are her fault iirc. She then proceeds to sing her magical revivification song, which consists of the line: "Pipiru piru piru pipiru pi." said several times. And I only remember that song because it's 1) simple, 2) the melody is simple, and 3) IT IS SUNG TOO DAMNED OFTEN. Also, halo's are touchable, really freaking sharp and removing an 'angel's halo results in her getting a massive case of constipation. Oh, and 'angels' have small bodies but big boobs in this show. That's about all the shit I remember. There is nothing that isn't shit. Perhaps the animation, but that's just average for when it was made.