This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Comic artist attack? (I couldn't think of a better title)

edited May 2008 in Art!
Posted By: FunfetusPosted By: VigaAll the artists on the forum should do a group comic where every person does a different page but using the same characters and story. It would be interesting.
I had that same idea on the bus today. Whoa.
Maybe everyone could do a panel, rather than a whole page? A whole page is a pretty big commitment. But I like the comic jam idea. I'm definitely down to do some panels.Let's makes a thread!...So here we are. That's the idea that sparked it. Who shall start?

Keep it work safe BTW okay!

Panel Assignments
1. ktep
2. kage_rod
3. Viga
4. funfetus
5. Railith
6. Ametto
7. Myself
8. Boy Blue
9. Mankoon
10. ktep
11. Ametto
12. Viga

Comments

• edited May 2008
    Someone else! I gotta finish a page right now...

Also, I'd like to encourage everyone to take part, regardless of your perceived level of ability. Come on, you've got MS Paint or GIMP, and you can draw a stick figure and type a word balloon -- no excuses!

Hmmm...any suggestions on a format? I think we should keep it to some standard dimensions, so we can easily organize them. I'm thinking maybe 320x240 pixels?
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • That sounds pretty good. Are we gonna have a script or general plot decided first?
  • Absolutely not.

This is an exquisite corpse comic!

3 2 1 go!
  • You spelled "better" wrong in the title, and if this were to happen we would need to have characters and the story planned out. I have witnessed the horror of a collaborative story that wasn't planned out. That is one of the projects we are working on in my Advanced Composition class, and the story became a train wreck when the murder mystery was solved in the second chapter of the book.
  • edited May 2008
    Nothing like this can ever be anything but a train wreck. That's half the point.

Witness, for instance, the Bullet Angelica.
  • I agree with Funfetus. This should be only for fun. Everyone should feel free to draw whatever they want without feeling pressured to follow an overall path or story. I feel the only constraint should be that it just has to somehow relate to the previous panel. Otherwise I feel like it will end up being like work. So I'll start it if no one minds. Let's start with a setting!

It is a 320x240 image. So let the derailing of trains begin!
  • @ Ktep: I has quick question. As neat as that is, what is it? XD the shiny bright thing is screwing me up. ^__^; *feels stupid*
  • @kage_rod: It can be anything you want it to be. =)
  • Question: are we going to implement a system to make sure that only one person at a time is working on a panel? We could run into a problem of two people working on the next panel independently of one another, and subsequently not knowing which of them to use in the comic.
  • edited May 2008
    Just post which part you intend to do.

Ktep did 1 and it looks like Kage is doing 2. I'm calling 4.
    Post edited by Railith on
  • edited May 2008
    Yeah claiming panels seem to be the best solution right now. ^_^;

edit: I claim panel 10 !!
    Post edited by ktep on
  • I'm going to add a list at the top post with a panel listing. Perhaps Viga can keep it updated *winkwinknudgenudgeknowwhatImean?*
  • edited May 2008
    I'll take a panel... 8
    Post edited by Boy Blue on
  • BTW, as a reminder let's keep this SFW. If it's NSFW, put it behind a link. Can everyone agree to that?
  • edited May 2008
    I'm going to add a list at the top post with a panel listing. Perhaps Viga can keep it updated *winkwinknudgenudgeknowwhatImean?*
    Gotcha!
    BTW, as a reminder let's keep this SFW. If it's NSFW, put it behind a link. Can everyone agree to that?
    They better! :P

So we wait...for Kage.....

Should we have a wait limit? Is anyone else thinking that?
    Post edited by Viga on
    Spot, 5, 6, or 7, depending on whether or not someone wants to add something in front of this or not.

Yes, I give you fire. >:3 And colour.
  • Spot, 5, 6, or 7, depending on whether or not someone wants to add something in front of this or not.

This won't work if people don't do the panels in chronological order.
  • Spot, 5, 6, or 7, depending on whether or not someone wants to add something in front of this or not.

This won't work if people don't do the panels in chronological order.
    True, but I don't care. I can't draw much else with a bunch of brush settings thus this would've rolled out either way. Think of it as a scene change.

And besides, constraints result in creativity.
  • edited May 2008
    I'll take 9.
    Also, these panels have to happen in order.

^DIBS
    Post edited by Mankoon on
  • I've been playing a crap-ton of DnD, so when I saw the 1st panel I thought sun and nature and then elves. :3

• edited May 2008
    Alright, great to see this is really getting going. Good stuff, ladies.

I have a suggestion for how to handle the panel-claiming. If you want to do a panel, you post a placeholder image. Then, within 24 hours of that post, you post the completed panel, most likely by replacing the link to your placeholder panel. If you don't post the completed panel within 24 hours, you lose that panel. Optional: If you fail to complete a panel in 24 hours, you may not claim that panel again, or at least must wait a reasonable length of time (maybe a day or two) before claiming the same panel again.

What do you guys think?
  • You could just have each panel reposted in the first post in order.
  • I like funfetus idea of place holder image. It'll be neat to see the comments and process of this thing.
  • edited May 2008
    You could just have each panel reposted in the first post in order.
    Yeah, that's a good idea. I guess Viga would have to keep up on that. I don't know if you were replying to my post, but that's a separate issue. I'm just talking about a way to keep two people from working on the same panel.

Oh yeah:

edit: Ah, crap. I just saw that Railith already claimed panel 4. If he insists, I'll rescind this one.
  • I'll arrange them in order in the top post.

*looks at Funfetus pic*

I'm so glad to have incorporated bunnies now.
  • edited May 2008
    You could just have each panel reposted in the first post in order.
    That won't work because there's a limit as to how much you can put in one post.
    Post edited by Ametto on
  • That won't work because there's a limit as to how much you can put in one post.
    There is a limit to word count I believe. Image links don't take up that many words so I'm sure you could fit quite a few panels.
  • There is a limit to word count I believe. Image links don't take up that many words so I'm sure you could fit quite a few panels.
    Ah. I guess we'll find out.