This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Kindle

12346»

Comments

• edited September 2011
    Its kinda shitty but I have one and it works. Also, it's not IPS but its the same basic idea.
    Post edited by ninjarabbi on
  • Also, it's not IPS but its the same basic idea.
    Not even close. Flipping it over is completely different than opening it up.
  • Also, it's not IPS but its the same basic idea.
    Not even close. Flipping it over is completely different than opening it up.
    True, but I keep my folded back and flip it like you said.
  • Picked up a Nook for myself a few weeks ago. It supports epub out of the box, which is very, very cool (and you can convert pdf's to epub with some decent results). I justified the purchase by downloading all of my textbooks via torrents and using the nook when needed. To me, it's essentially an open device.
  • edited September 2011
    Ewwww... double post...
    Post edited by Schnevets on
  • edited September 2011
    I was on the fence until Amazon pretty much said "You want to root it? Go nuts". £100 (+- 50) for a Tablet that I can run whatever the fuck I want on it? Yes, fucking sold. Now if only it had a UK release date...
    Post edited by Conan-San on
  • Shit just got real. Three new models. The Fire for $199, the Kindle Touch for $100, and the Kindle for $79. All now allow you to go to a public library, access a given hotspot, and borrow books.

Getting to the goal, slowly but surely. I'll probably get the next model of Fire.
  • I've never owned a Kindle but was thinking of getting the Kindle Fire, anyone here actually bought one yet? Thoughts?
  • I bought one. I need to hack it just enough to add in the android marketplace. Once I do that it will be awesome.
  • I bought one, too. I got the Wi-Fi only, Adless 3rd generation. It's bloody great. I do also need a tablet, but I don't like the idea of them being the same device. Tablet to compute on the go and present information to clients - e-ink reader for reading books.
  • I've got the kindle keyboard 3g. If I had to choose between it or my DS, I'd pick it.
  • My kindle died sometime last night. It froze cold and never worked again. Tried resets, even tried taking out the battery and putting it back in (it's cool my warranty is expired). Now I'm going to try tapping its serial port and seeing if I can access it's shell or even see if it boots up.
  • Had mind for about sixth months now. Really enjoying being have to use it over having to sit at a computer to read journal articals.
  • I found out I was picking one up for Christmas, so I'm pretty pleased with that.
  • Interesting note:

In the web browser settings you can set it to automatic, desktop or mobile. I have also found that I get faster web access if I turn off amazon's web browsing optimizer.
  • Interesting note:

In the web browser settings you can set it to automatic, desktop or mobile. I have also found that I get faster web access if I turn off amazon's web browsing optimizer.
    Seems to me that Amazon's Web Browsing "Optimizer" was really a way to collect user's web statistics. Of course, nobody would have cared if it WAS actually faster.