This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Bad News for Republicans

12346»

Comments

• Oh Oh, better topic..

Name something the republicans have done right in the last 8 years?
    Provide Jon Stewart with ample material.
  • I can't wait to see W.
  • edited October 2008
    This weekend we went back to Louisville, KY. If it was up to me, we'd never go back, but Carole likes to see her friends there. While we were there, we noticed some of the people running in judge's races. Lisbeth Hughes Abramson is running for Supreme Court. This is depressing because I had a long arson trial with her and I appeared before her on a lot of other occasions, and I can tell you she's not as bright as she thinks she is. She's extremely biased for the prosecution and she's very mean. Doug Kemper is running for Circuit Court. I knew him in law school. He was not very smart and he was a complete jerk. Katie King is running for District Court. I don't know her but Carole told me that she only has two years experience working as a lawyer, but she goes to Southeast Christian, a local creepy megachurch, so there's not much hope of her losing.

It really makes me sad that mean, dumb people always seem to do well politically.
    Oh Oh, better topic..

Name something the republicans have done right in the last 8 years?
    I would have forgiven them for everything if they would have just named the Department of Homeland Security S.H.I.E.L.D. instead.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • Why is it that any mean person becomes a judge? Why is it that there is a stereotype of judges being such bastards? Judges are supposed to be awesome super smart enforces of justice and fairness. You know, like King Solomon, only not made up. I should have been a judge.
  • edited October 2008
    Why is it that any mean person becomes a judge? Why is it that there is a stereotype of judges being such bastards? Judges are supposed to be awesome super smart enforces of justice and fairness. You know, like King Solomon, only not made up. I should have been a judge.
    Yeah, you're not mean or grouchy at all . . .
  • Apparently, neocons haven't learned not to poop where they eat.
    If you're in a candidates' native town, best not to sell a book that smears him using a sack of lies.
  • Why is it that any mean person becomes a judge? Why is it that there is a stereotype of judges being such bastards? Judges are supposed to be awesome super smart enforces of justice and fairness. You know, like King Solomon, only not made up. I should have been a judge.
  • I should have been a judge.
    I would have liked to have been a judge, but I never had the Latin.

Very rigorous those judging exams, they're noted for their rigor.

-Peter Cook, The Miner Sketch
  • The judges I know are super-patient and equanimous.
  • The judges I know are super-patient and equanimous.
    Are they elected or appointed?
    CNN is reporting that McCain is making those tough decisions that politicians love to talk about. According to CNN, McCain is abandoning Colorado (9 EVs), Iowa (7 EVs) and New Mexico (5 Evs).
    Source.

Is he just giving up or is there something more sinister in the works?

Finally, it's interesting how the republicans are so interested in voter fraud when a GOP operative has been arrested for voter fraud.
  • Are they elected or appointed?
    The ones I know are elected. I'm talking muni and common pleas judges.
  • Is he just giving up or is there something more sinister in the works?
    Doesn't matter one way or another. McCain could take every swing state - Nevada, Montana, North Dakota, Missouri, Ohio, Florida, North Carolina, West Virginia and Indiana - and still lose. It's over.
  • edited October 2008
    . . . common pleas judges.
    Right now I'm having some split pleas soup for lunch.
    Is he just giving up or is there something more sinister in the works?
    Doesn't matter one way or another. McCain could takeeveryswing state - Nevada, Montana, North Dakota, Missouri, Ohio, Florida, North Carolina, West Virginia and Indiana - and still lose. It's over.
    I'm crossing my fingers for a sweep of Congress as well.
  • Neocons arekeeping it classyin Virginia.
    Classy with a "K".
  • Hmmm.. where has HTMKsteve and Kilarney these days, there isn't much political debate left in the forums. Or it could be that the republicans have just completely imploded, wonder if they will come back after the election? *sniff*
  • Hmmm.. where has HTMKsteve and Kilarney these days, there isn't much political debate left in the forums. Or it could be that the republicans have just completely imploded, wonder if they will come back after the election? *sniff*
    Don't say their names, or they might appear.

Truly though, I am so, sooo glad we haven't been subjected to an essay on "Joe the Plumber" by Steve.

• Don't say their names, or they might appear.
    Beetlejuice.
  • edited October 2008

Don't say their names, or they might appear.
    Beetlejuice.
    No! Stop!
  • edited October 2008
    Why is it that any mean person becomes a judge? Why is it that there is a stereotype of judges being such bastards? Judges are supposed to be awesome super smart enforces of justice and fairness. You know, like King Solomon, only not made up. I should have been a judge.
    My Grandfather was Town Judge in York, NY (the tiny town where I went to high school) for years. He was pretty well liked and respected among his fellow Republicans and the Democrats in the community. His politics had nothing to do with his job, he just did what was fair in any matter. He comes off as a bit matter-of-fact, but with puppies and little kids, he is like a giant teddy bear. I wouldn't consider him grouchy, just businesslike. It might be because he worked like crazy since childhood as a farmer, bus driver, policeman, milk-delivery man, and later was elected Town Judge. He always worked his farm and had at least one other job.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on