This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Media Edits

edited May 2008 in Politics
Anyone know anything about this: White House takes swipe at NBC News
The White House on Monday sent a scathing letter to NBC News, accusing the news network of “deceptively” editing an interview with President Bush on the issue of appeasement and Iran.
I don't watch NBC News so I am ignorant of what supposedly happened.

Comments

• I have begun noticing more and more how often the media skews things through editing, sometimes it is pretty worrying.
  • A little more: White House complains about edit of Bush interview
    As it appeared on "Nightly News" Sunday and the "Today" show Monday, Bush's response was: "You know, my policies haven't changed, but evidently the political calendar has ... And when, you know, a leader of Iran says that they want to destroy Israel, you've got to take those words seriously."

But the White House said NBC edited out these words that Bush said between those two sentences: "People need to read the speech. You didn't get it exactly right, either. What I said was that we need to take the words of people seriously."

Bush counsel Ed Gillespie, in a letter to NBC News President Steve Capus, said that "this deceitful editing to further a media-manufactured storyline is utterly misleading and irresponsible." He asked that the network air Bush's response in full on the two programs.

• Some lady on Fox was whining about how "NBC is biased" and how "it compromises their journalistic integrity" or something like that. A minute ago, she was talking about how "Obama wants to destroy the American way of life". The irony never ceases to amaze me.
  • Any media person will say whatever benefits them the most at a given moment. I think there's just too much pressure to get the viewers for anything else to happen.
  • Obama wants to destroy the American way of life
    Well, the "culture of ignorance" phenomenon certainly warrants destruction.