This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 080521 - How To Get Other People Into Anime

2»

Comments

• Well, I'd say that Black Lagoon is a prime candidate, I've never met anyone who wasn't hooked on that show almost immediately.

Another good starter anime that doesn't come up much is Escaflowne. It starts off being interesting and keeps the viewers interest all the way until the end.
  • Another good starter anime that doesn't come up much is Escaflowne.
    Wait, didn't Rym and Scott specifically mention Escaflowne to NOT be a suitable first time anime? Or was that only with Neon Genesis Evangelion?
  • Another good starter anime that doesn't come up much is Escaflowne.
    Wait, didn't Rym and Scott specifically mention Escaflowne to NOT be a suitable first time anime? Or was that only with Neon Genesis Evangelion?
    Escaflowne is a good choice for a first anime, especially for fantasy fans. It's not the perfect first choice, but you could do a lot worse.
  • edited May 2008
    Another good starter anime that doesn't come up much is Escaflowne.
    Escaflowne is a good choice for a first anime, especially for fantasy fans. It's not the perfect first choice, but you could do a lot worse.
    There is no real perfect first choice. It really depends on the person you're showing it to.
    Post edited by Exarion on
  • Dear Scrym,

It is not often that I post but I do listen to almost every episode and often lurk on these here boards. The reason for this post is that I just want to tell you guys that you really do have to play Metal Gear Solid. It really took the concept of a story in a video game to a whole new level. It says a lot of profound things and I am sure educated gamers such as yourselves(sp?) would appreciate the game.

Loyal listener, Tim.