This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Noise bands.

edited May 2008 in Everything Else
I have a strange affinity for chaotic, discordant, and generally noisy music. Animal Collective, Liars, Lightning Bolt, Sonic Youth, it's all good. Post more awesome noise bands here. A couple of examples:

s-r8HWri41s 1MhRj_48-7w

Comments

• I never got into any of those but I know I hate Animal collective. Do they all sound like Animal Collective?
  • edited May 2008
    I never got into any of those but I know I hate Animal collective. Do they all sound like Animal Collective?
    No, Animal Collective is much more electronic than bands like Pink & Brown, Sonic Youth and Lightning Bolt, who are more into fucking with their instruments to make cool sounds than digitally editing the sounds. I suggest you stay away from Liars, Black Dice, and AIDS Wolf, though, if you hate Animal Collective. Here's something totally unlike Animal Collective, but still noise:

Post edited by whatever on
  • edited July 2009
    Sonic Youth was revolutionary in their use of noise. They did it first, and in my opinion, they're still doing it best. I have a lot of trouble getting into most other noise bands except for a little Animal Collective.

[Edit 7/23/09] Man has my opinion drastically changed in the last year.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • How about Merzbow?

Does Fantomas count as noise?
  • How about Merzbow?

Resurrecting because I just really wanted to share this somewhere.
  • The uninformed would probably consider Slayer to be a noise band, I would then punch them in the face and explain to them in great detail that Slayer is high art of the best kind and that it is poetry of the highest order.
  • The uninformed would probably consider Slayer to be a noise band, I would then punch them in the face and explain to them in great detail that Slayer is high art of the best kind and that it is poetry of the highest order.
    ____________________________/
  • LOL, OH MY GOD. That dude... is too happy about Slayer. 0.0
  • edited July 2009
    Slayer is high art of the best kind and that it is poetry of the highest order.
    And Merzbow is not? Pulse Demon fucking slays.
    Post edited by whatever on