This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Firefox Help - Tab screwaround

edited May 2008 in Technology
Hey, I'm needing help as FireFox has decided to flip me off.

Ok, so whenever I open a tab with an image, I get this:
image (apologies for the image quality or any other taboos I'm breaking with this, I'm at my wits end here)

It is, in other words, resizing the tab bar to fit the entire picture in it. Which, as you can guess, can get rather annoying.
There are no add-ons currently running so it's not an add-on issue.

Can anyone offer help on this?

Comments

• close the tab
  • Wow! Does the same happen if you open, say, that screenshot alone in a tab?

Also a fun set up, squeezing as much space as you can out of your monitor for web pages.
  • edited May 2008
    close the tab
    Thank you, captain obvious. But it doesn't help the bigger issue.
    Post edited by Conan-San on
  • Well, a reinstall, or a different version of Firefox would certainly work.
  • edited May 2008
    Wow! Does the same happen if you open, say, that screenshot alone in a tab?
    Yes, that's the issue I'm having. It also expands if the favicon has been set up poorly (IE: they get stupid with the 16x16 pixel standard).
    Also a fun set up, squeezing as much space as you can out of your monitor for web pages.
    That's the idea, we can't all have large as all get out monitors now, can we?
    Post edited by Conan-San on
  • Reinstall.
  • hmmmm, I have have experienced in this area, it's not a complicated problem but it is a tough one.......
    Um cause your using Vista LOL.

I'm sorry, I had too. I'm VistaPhobic.
  • edited May 2008
    close the tab
    Why do you have to be a jackass? You praise yourself for your tech knowledge, yet apparently you can't solve this one...
    Actually, I bet you can, and you're just being lazy right now.

Anyways, I have 3 options (in order of least hassle to most hassle):
    1. about:config > browser.chrome.favicons > set to false (toggle)
    That will turn off all favicons. So while it will probably solve this problem, you'll have to say goodbye to all favicons
    2. create a new profile. The article should help, despite it being a year old and possibly out of date. If it doesn't work, I can help you out with making a new profile.
    3. reinstall and delete all of your preferences and whatnot (not even worth doing, since creating a new profile starts you out with default settings)

And my guess is that the problem has something to do with the theme/skin you're using.
    Post edited by Dkong on
  • After some screwing around, it does turn out, yes, it was the theme that was causing the issue, I was using the version that was set up for Firefox 3.
  • Why do you have to be a jackass? You praise yourself for your tech knowledge, yet apparently you can't solve this one...
    One thing you need to realize about computing is that, once you get beyond the hobbyist level, many problems reach a point where they're simply not worth solving or even thinking about. If a PC died at IBM, I'd spend maybe thirty seconds determining if I could fix it easily before I just replaced it and shipped the old one out to either be replaced or scrapped. If my motherboard died at home, I'd probably just throw it away and buy a new one. Time is more valuable than any other resource once you have more money than time.

In this case, I'd remove any customization I did. If that worked, I wouldn't customize anything. If it didn't, I'd reinstall. If reinstalling didn't work, I'd use Opera for a while.
  • Why do you have to be a jackass? You praise yourself for your tech knowledge, yet apparently you can't solve this one...
    One thing you need to realize about computing is that, once you get beyond the hobbyist level, many problems reach a point where they're simply not worth solving or even thinking about. If a PC died at IBM, I'd spendmaybethirty seconds determining if I could fix it easily before I just replaced it and shipped the old one out to either be replaced or scrapped. If my motherboard died at home, I'd probably just throw it away and buy a new one. Time is more valuable than any other resource once you have more money than time.

In this case, I'd remove any customization I did. If that worked, I wouldn't customize anything. If it didn't, I'd reinstall. If reinstalling didn't work, I'd use Opera for a while.
    I guess if anything Scott could have just said nothing.
  • I guess if anything Scott could have just said nothing.
    There's always time for snark. ^_~