This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What feeds to you subscribe to?

edited May 2008 in Technology
Well, we have that thread about podcasts you listen to, but I don't think there's a thread like this.

Anyways, I only subscribe to a few. I'm sure some of you guys will have a lot more than I do...

Lifehacker
Cybernetnews
Engadget (and I ran it through yahoo pipes to only get about half of the articles, I don't care about the cell phone news at all...)
DS Fanboy
Siliconera
Bemanistyle
Gamesniped
Mangablog
Mangacast
ANN main feed
ANN Press releases
ANN's feeds for their columns and features
the anime blog
xkcd
penny arcade
applegeeks
then my podcasts, which I've listed in the other thread.

Comments

• Torrent feeds:
    Live-Evil - Getting fansub torrents from the source, should do this too with BSS perhaps, but sometimes they forget to make a post resulting in Tokyo Toshokan showing the torrents earlier.
    Nipponsei - Anime OST torrents. You all should get them from here, you can get any anime OST as far as I know, in high quality.
    Tokyo Toshokan - The anime feed, basically any fansub torrent that's put on Tokyo Toshokan also comes through my Google Reader, and that way I bump into some interesting things. For example the movie Sword of the Stranger, very nice movie.

Uncategorized:
    TED Talks - TED Talks video feed.
    THE WOG BLOG from XENU TV - Threw this among my feeds when the Anonymous protests were all over the news, stuff easier to follow that way. Deprecated.

Podcasts: (Yes I'm going to put them here too, screw it)
    Anime World Order Podcast - Still waiting.
    Downloadable Content, The Penny Arcade Podcast - New... haven't seen anything appear in here since I signed up.
    Fast Karate for the Gentleman - Semi-weekly awesome.
    Friday Night Party Line Podcast - 'GeekNights Fridays'. Friday Night Party Line awesome.
    Front Row Crew - GeekNights - Subscribed to the posts feed I think. Should gather every post made on the front page.
    How to Succeed in Evil » Podcast - Podiobook of sorts, hasn't updated since I subscribed. Deprecated.
    Linux Reality - Linux podcast for the new Linux user. Show has finished after 100 episodes. Deprecated.
    Mental Interface - It's a blog, but also sits in this category for Over 40 Gamer updates, if they will ever return.
    PaulDotCom Security Weekly - Fun podcast.
    Simply Hear - I only really listen to The Definitive Word and Books You Should Read. Will download other interesting episodes, but haven't really listened to any of the Movies You Should See episodes I got, don't want to be spoiled.
    The Greatest Movie EVER! Podcast - New, has yet to update, but there seem to be some problems with the main site also...
    The Ninja Consultant Podcast - New, has yet to update.
    The Skeptics' Guide to the Universe - Sits there, episodes get put on my iPod but haven't listened since the start of April.
    Viga the Otagal - Vigaaaaaaa!

Blogs:
    Applegeeks - Blog posts.
    Apreche.net - Scott stalking.
    Bent Objects - Daily (I think) images of household objects doing fun things.
    Brass Goggles - Steampunk blog.
    DIARY OF A MOE ADDICT - New, has yet to update, will avoid any moe posts that are made and instead read the more interesting/serious posts. (yes, there are some)
    fsckin w/ linux - Nice blog, not much to say.
    hashihime 橋姫 - Anime blog. New, has yet to update, very seiyuu focused, has interesting summaries of anime episodes that the writer watches (Nijuu-Mensou no Musume for example). Very interesting, and found it about time to put an anime feed in my Google Reader.
    Improv Everywhere - It's Improv Everywhere! What is there to say but "AWESOME!"?
    Mental Interface - Stalking Thaed, blog part.
    Official Gmail Blog - Updates on new Gmail features and stuff, useful if anything.
    Penny-Arcade - Blog part, though I barely read much of the blog posts.
    Procrastineering - Project blog for Johnny Chung Lee - Yes, this is the blog of the guy who did those awesome whiteboard Wiimote 'hacks'.
    Quaedam - Needs more posts.
    Rym's Rants - Needs even more posts.
    Shifting Pixel - Decent photo's, daily. Should throw it out perhaps, but it only takes 2 seconds to check...
    The Escapist : Zero Punctuation - Awesome video game rants every Wednesday, fuck yeah.
    The GAME OVERTHINKER - New, has yet to update. Ehm, Coldguy was the one who posted a few of this guy's vids I think. Thanks.
    The Pirate Bay - Blog - Sits there being the Pirate Bay Blog.
    VirtualBlog - New, no fricking idea what the hell this was again.
    WALLS OF TL;DR - Literally walls of too much text you do not want to read. Writer states himself that he himself does not even read these walls.
    WebUrbanist - Interesting, architectural/designer stuff. From stuff about abandoned buildings to super crazy design furniture (room in a (green) box) to pffffffft. Just neat to look at.
    xkcd - blag

Webcomics: (Yes, putting these up to)
    AppleGeeks - It's AppleGeeks! Hawk is crazy boob-fan.
    Bohemian Drive Log - Updates so sparingly it's painful ;-;
    Boltcity - Copper webcomic, doesn't update often, let alone about the webcomic. Perhaps I should ditch it.
    Comedity - It's never lonely in here - Comedity is still awesome, and will most likely stay that way for some time.
    GWTB Comic - Gone With The Blastwave (had to check for a second), AWESOME. NEEDS UPDATES DAMNIT!
    Kiwis by Beat - Fun painted webcomic.
    Looking For Group - You've been Dick Rolled!
    MWM!: Mistakes Were Made! - Heh, hasn't updated in ages.
    Penny-Arcade - Penny Arcade Comic is Penny Arcade Comic.
    QC RSS - Questionable Content, it's funny. :)
    Three Panel Soul - Three Panels every sometimes. Some Dwarf Fortress comics (2 or 3) have passed, very funny.
    xkcd.com - xkcd.

News:
    AniDB - Notifications - Fansub updates.
    Ars Technica - Not much to say.
    Dwarf Fortress Development Log - Dev stalking.
    Engadget - Not much to say either. Should perhaps steal Dkong's pipe. The phone stuff is not that interesting.
    Kotaku - Need to check this more often instead of just smashing "Mark all as read"
    Smash Bros. DOJO!! Latest News - Removing as we speak. Deprecated.
    TorrentFreak - News about the torrent world and the MIAA's idiotic actions.

Currently there are 7 unread posts. 4 of which are torrents on Tokyo Toshokan, one being a picture and two newsposts. Yes, I'm bored, but it's midnight anyways.
  • Quaedam - Needs more posts.
    >.> We are working on it...
  • I don't subscribe to any feeds anymore. Now I have more time to do things, and less time refreshing google reader.
  • edited May 2008
    I don't subscribe to any feeds anymore. Now I have more time to do things, and less time refreshing google reader.
    Interesting...
    Though the "more time to do things" is a reason why I keep my subscriptions on the low side of things. Cause overall, I get around 100 new posts a day on weekdays, and like 20 a day on weekends. It's not too hard to keep up with at all.
    Post edited by Dkong on
  • edited May 2008
    Funny, I find Google Reader is giving me more time to do things than when I was previously not subscribed to any feeds. Mainly because I would constantly go around checking all the sites I liked manually, rather than just congregating them all in one place that I only have to check once or twice a day.

Anyway, here's what I have in my reader, if anyone's curious.

Blogs/Columns/News
    - Anime News Network (ANN) - Main
    - ANN - Buried Treasure
    - ANN - Hey, Answerman!
    - ANN - Shelf Life
    - Cute Overload
    - Fanplusfriend
    - FRC - Rym
    - FRC - Scott
    - Improv Everywhere
    - Launching Over Japan
    - Tiltyhouse
    - Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series - News

Downloads/Torrents
    - AnimeSuki
    - Gendou.com
    - Nipponsei

Miscellaneous Fun
    - Cockeyed.com
    - Video Game Recaps

Podcasts (subscribed in my reader for the show notes posts; all the rest of my podcast subscriptions are in iTunes only)
    - Anime World Order
    - Fast Karate for the Gentleman
    - FrontRowCrew.com
    - Viga the Otagal

Videos
    - Homestar Runner
    - That Guy With The Glasses - 5 Second Movies
    - That Guy With The Glasses - Nostalgia Critic
    - YouTube - AnimeTunez
    - YouTube - Apreche
    - YouTube - CaptainDisillusion
    - YouTube - CardGamesFTW
    - YouTube - hbi2k
    - YouTube - ItsJustSomeRandomGuy
    - YouTube - JuliaZeeGreat
    - YouTube - Lanipator
    - YouTube - lasagnacat
    - YouTube - liamkylesullivan
    - YouTube - the404s

Webcomics
    - Anime News Nina
    - Cyanide & Happiness
    - I Was Kidnapped By Lesbian Pirates From Outer Space!
    - Kawaii Not
    - Megatokyo
    - Namir Deiter
    - Octopus Pie
    - Ozy and Millie
    - Questionable Content
    - Real Life Comics
    - Shortpacked!
    - Sparkling Generation Valkyrie Yuuki
    - Super Effective
    - The Adventures of Dr. McNinja
    - The Perry Bible Fellowship
    - Truck Bearing Kibble
    - VG Cats
    - XKCD
    - YU+ME : dream
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • Oh, in addition to my google reader (which is what I posted), I'm also subscibed to del.icio.us/popular, anime suki, a.scarywater.net (anime bittorrent tracker), /w/ and /wg/ from 4chan (ok, before you guys start shitting bricks, lemme tell you that those are easily the two best places for wallpapers on the net, period), Firefox add ons, filehippo (for software updates), and fark.
    I have them in Firefox because I merely need to look at titles. I don't need the full posts for those.
  • I'm to lazy to type out my 60+ feeds.
  • Just share an OPML file then! XD