This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

DS Homebrew

2»

Comments

• I wouln't buy it on amazon. Try focalprice.com, a dealextreme clone. I got mine on dealextreme for like 8 bucks.
  • edited September 2011
    Dealextreme took all theirs down.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Yeah, but I have an Amazon gift card, and I'd rather use a little more fake Amazon money than any amount of real person money.
  • Yeah, I'm glad I got mine when I did. Sites like it seem to still have them, but if you don't want to use real money than I guess you're good to go.
  • Realhotstuff is still selling them.
  • edited September 2011
    Any confirmation that the new R4 actually works with the 3DS? I've been pondering getting one too. Also, does it need a printer port for you to hook it up to the computer? Because flashing my Gameboy cart with LSDJ was the biggest pain in the world.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • According to the amazon page and it's own box, it does.
  • It does for now, but with the 3DS updates, I wouldn't count on it working forever.
  • They can, but only for DS and DSi games, not 3DS games.
  • There a lots of rumors floating around that Nintendo will brick 3DS's after updates if they're using flash carts/pirated software. Anyone think there's truth to that?
  • I wouldn't be surprised. I think to be safe you're better off just buying a cheap used DS lite for all of your pirated games. At least don't leave the flash cart in the 3DS while you update.
  • edited September 2011
    FYI: The is an un-erasable list of carts inserted in a menu somewhere. Game shops won't buy them back if they find a flashcart in there.
    According to Giant Bomb.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Oh, so Nintendo could pretty much brick it any time if they found a flash cart on the list. Yep, I think I'll stick to my ds lite for flash carts.
  • I never had one, but didn't Acekart 2 disguise itself as an actual game (Danny Phantom) in order to run? I wonder if carts will start doing that to get around the list.
  • They probably will, but the 3DS updates will probably just find a way to figure out the disguises. I'm just leery about anything with updates when using shady business.
  • I would think that Nintendo would be secretly buying one of every flash cart, reverse engineer the used exploit, and just patch those during updates. It doesn't brick the console but it stops the flashcarts.
  • I think they tried that with the DSi, this time, they might just be out for blood.
  • Yeah, I think thats probably the point. They just brick them to set those people as an example for the rest of us. I may just buy a DSi XL once it gets cheap, and a compatible flash cart since there probably won't be many more updates now. I do have a perfectly good Zelda DS lite, but I want the bigger screens. When I get a 3DS I'll just keep it legit just to be safe. I just wonder pirates will end up going the custom firmware route eventually.
  • edited September 2011
    Probably soon. The CFW scene for the PSP is pretty robust, despite Sony's repeated attempts to shut it down, and I can't see Nintendo doing a better job than them.
    I have a feeling the Vita's going to be the next big sexiness when it comes to portable emulation, however.
    Post edited by Neito on
  • Yeah, If I had the moneys, I would buy a Vita right away. Man, ps1 emulation will be the business. Its already decent on the psp minus the second control stick.
  • I just love the PSP's screen. The battery power is pretty meh most of the time, but that screen makes up for it in spades.
  • Yeah, I love my psp. I want to get one of the bigger PSP 1000 batteries for it, but I don't want to have to switch out Battery backs because mine has Darth Vader on it.
  • edited September 2011
    So, just my luck, I buy the one card with semi-spotty support and a site that went down. This firmware I downloaded from some french site damn well better work.

(╯‵Д′)╯彡┻━┻

EDIT 2: yeah, ok. Don't tell me you're incompatable with FAT32 or anything. Just freeze on start up. That's SUPER AWESOME.
    Post edited by Neito on