This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

How to Move Forward?

124»

Comments

• edited September 2008
    Is it everygoing to return or is GeekNights just slowly going to podfade?
    I think Rym and Scott have too much fun making a podcast.
    Sorry. Couldn't resist. ;)
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • Sorry. Couldn't resist. ;)
    Thanks. I know I need to pay better attention to those errors. They've been popping up in my writing a little more than before lately. I blame Dutch, although I have no idea what part exactly to blame it on.
  • Four nights a week? Not likely either, as podcasting is basically dead unless technology changes.
    Man, That sucks. I really loved it when it was four nights a week. I always thought you guys were gonna switch back eventually. Wait, didn't you guys say that too?
  • Wait, didn't you guys say that too?
    Not unless/until podcasting catches on in a meaningful way.
  • Wait, didn't you guys say that too?
    Not unless/until podcasting catches on in a meaningful way.
    Aren't the chances slim though?
  • So, I've only really glanced at the replies to this thread, but I still felt like I should put in my two cents:
    4. I love the idea of more FRC members participating. Even if initial episodes were amateurish as the new people adapted, I would listen, and I know most fans would listen. With enough man-power, I feel like you could have something similar to TWiT, without completely exhausting yourselves out.
    As to getting off our lazy butts...

I already have a podcast I'm trying to keep up (read: restart in spite of my sound card sucking), and there are other FRC members with content as well that isn't linked on FRC.com. Perhaps we should make FRC.com more open to the content created by the rest of the crew, and then everyone would have more to consume? Even if it's not Crew doing Geeknights, there are still plenty of other talents we have. There's room for art, writing, video creation, webcomics...heck, several of us have interesting enough lives that we could do some sort of shared blog and have plenty of interesting stories.

The other problem with Crew other than R&S; doing GN is that none of us have their level of audio technology. Okay, strictly speaking, I have their OLD level of technology, because they gave it to me when they upgraded. But no one else does. So if the rest of the crew start doing episodes, they're gonna have a bitch of a time recording them and making them sound decent.
  • There's room for art, writing, video creation, webcomics...heck, several of us have interesting enough lives that we could do some sort of shared blog and have plenty of interesting stories.
    Do you guys (The FRC) want a shared blog? It would be trivial to set up, but we won't bother unless you actually would use it. ^_~
  • Heh. I think the forum kind of IS right now. Just less...linear.
  • I like it. I wanted to do like a weekly guide to dinning out and a few other thingies. Maybe an "Ask the GM' section w/ Alex and Pete.
  • I am still ready with a weekly book/movie review podcast, I just need to know what equipment to get to record it. I am also open to setting up something with the FRC along the lines of Friday Night Party Line.
  • I like it. I wanted to do like a weekly guide to dinning out and a few other thingies. Maybe an "Ask the GM' section w/ Alex and Pete.
    Ooh. That could be an interesting blog. Like, 3 different GM viewpoints on various problems in roleplaying games.

I would do something blog-esque, but I'm not a beer brewer (yet), and there are actually quite a few food safety blogs. Maybe one of these days I'll do like a public health educational type blog, but I'm pretty sure that's also done somewhere else.

If/when I actually get into brewing, though, I might want to make some kind of beer blog. Could be interesting.
  • Well, FRC, we failed (due to Scott and I house-hunting) last time, but I'll be ready to record some stuff this weekend.
  • Well I'm glad to see I've kicked off what will hopefully become more FRC content. The only other thing I'd like to add is that Rym, you might want to change your bumper seeing as it still says you do four shows a week. Oh, and are we ever going to get a Puerto Rico or Tigris and Euphrates shows?
  • edited September 2008
    Coffee, just fucking chug it. It helps!

I don't care if you guys do the 2 nights a week, just don't be doing coop-outs anymore. As for video, good luck. I rather have a 1 hour audio episode, rather than a 5 minute youtube vid that I can't watch on my 4th gen iPod.
    Post edited by CHOIS CHOIS CHOIS on
  • edited September 2008
    I don't care if you guys do the 2 nights a week, just don't be doing coop-outs anymore.
    If you made it, I would listen to you guys spending the night with some chickens. Seriously though, bring on the non-Scrym FRC!
    Post edited by Starfox on
  • If you made it, I would listen to you guys spending the night with some chickens.
    That sounds like good times. If Scrym were in a cock fight, who would win?
    Seriously though, bring on the non-Scrym FRC!
    I agree. I remember hearing a good number of the FRC being very talented artists, I would like to see more things from them as well as others. Also a podcast from Nuri & Mrs. MacRoss would be delightful. I honestly don't mind the lack of high quality audio. What Scrym used before really wasn't that bad.
  • If Scrym were in a cock fight, who would win?
    I bet the one who could do more than 0 pushups.
  • This site has a bunch of server space not being used hosting the 3rd and 4th episodes per week... why not open it up to some fan-based stuff in its place?
  • Mrs. MacRoss is supposed to be my street team for Artist Alley. I wonder when I'll be getting those interviews?? XD

Hmmm. I guess we'll see what we can whip up.