This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

You're Meddling with Forces You Don't Understand!

Comments

• edited June 2008
    So you're saying my trust in the checks and balances inherent to a two-party system and three-house federal government is justified?
    Have you been paying attention these past eight years? Trust, that is the erosion thereof, in checks and balances is one of the many reasons why so many people are in such an uproar. GWB has done more to weaken our system of checks and balances than anyone else in history.

It really blows me away that you can be so blindly optimistic and trusting about his administration when it is doing everything it can to show you that it doesn't deserve your trust. What, exactly, has to happen before you'll grudgingly admit that things are not just peachy and that anyone who doesn't think so is not necessarily a "crazy conspiracy theorist"?
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • I'm not trusting in his administration. I'm trusting that the cycle of disillusionment will cause a reflexive replacement of Bush-ites and that the system will self-correct. Historically, excessive presidential action has been a precursor to equal and opposite congressional backlash.
  • edited August 2008
    OMG! This robot has a LIVING BRAIN!
    So does this one.
    I know that it would be a long way down the pike, and there would be those who would say that it would be somehow "unethical", but this is the sort of development that makes me think that, if a person can just hold out and live long enough, he might one day get to be downloaded into a robot. I would freakin' LOVE THAT!!!

If it wasn't for stuff like this, I would have taken a rock and killed myself years ago.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • I would love that, too. I can't see any ethical problem with downloading yourself into a robot of a computer bank (like the Dead Men from the Gateway series by Fredrick Pohl). There's no such thing as a soul - and that will be the "moral" objection that the crazies bring up.
  • I would love that, too. I can't see any ethical problem with downloading yourself into a robot of a computer bank (like the Dead Men from the Gateway series by Fredrick Pohl). There's no such thing as a soul - and that will be the "moral" objection that the crazies bring up.
    OMG! We should totally start designing our robots now so we'll be ready when the time comes!
  • edited August 2008
    OMG! We should totally start designing our robots now so we'll be ready when the time comes!
    Dibs.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • edited August 2008
    I call this.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • I call this:image
  • Dibs:

And reserved for Rym:
  • edited August 2008
    Dibs:
    Fine, if you are going to take that one I will have to go right to the top...
    Dibs:
    Ha, Scott's puny Unicron will not withstand the furious onslaught of my Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagaan's galaxy throwing awesomeness!
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • edited August 2008
    I catch many monkeys.
    Post edited by Eryn on
    Amateurs.
    I see you're 'amateurs' and raise you, bitch.
    Awwww yeah!
  • edited August 2008
    Shotgun.
    Post edited by Jason on
  • Dibs?
    Photobucket

No, I think I'd go with this:
    Photobucket

Being a Robot makes me more popular with the ladies:

• Buckypaper! Now a prosecutor can literally imprison someone with an indictment . . .
  • Dibs on the cute robot and his almighty shoe-plant.

• May my melancholy humble the mightiest of robomen!
  • May my melancholy humble the mightiest of robomen!

Awh, damnit, I KNEW there was a more awesome robot that I was forgetting. >
  • Too bad Marvin's design in the movie was completely retarded.
  • Too bad Marvin's design in the movie was completely retarded.
    How can you say that when you are looking at it? That's not a bad design. The older design was much, much worse.
  • That's not a bad design.
    It's a little bland. It's cute, but it basically looks like a cross between an iPod and a chibi stormtrooper.
  • It's a little bland.
    imageNot Putting in an opinion, just presenting the other option.
  • I like the movie version infinitely better than the TV one, but I very much prefer this one:
  • It's a little bland. It's cute, but it basically looks like a cross between an iPod and a chibi stormtrooper.
    I see neither of those. But what's bad about iPod designs? The one thing Apple can do is design stuff and make it look pretty. Secondly, stormtroopers are awesome, and now the "head the size of a planet" makes sense. I thank thee Churba for providing a picture of pre-movie-Marvin. Does that look like a depressed robot? Looks more like ^_^ smiley to me.
  • I thank thee Churba for providing a picture of pre-movie-Marvin. Does that look like a depressed robot? Looks more like ^_^ smiley to me.
    Blame Sirius Cybernetics Corporation.