This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

'End Times' Religious Groups Want Apocalypse Soon

edited June 2006 in Everything Else
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-endtimes22jun22,0,7902314.story?coll=la-home-headlines

If there is any group of people we need to stop it's the 40 precent of people who think we've already started moving towards the end of the world. Specificly the people who feel we need to movie towards it quicker!

Comments

• Anyone who wants to see the end of the world, come over to my house.
  • Wow, kind of weird how all the christian folk are pro-jew when it comes to apocalypse action. If they are all pro-jew, why dont' they just jew themselves?
  • haha, thanks for fixing that link.

"Jews return to Israel after 2,000 years, the Holy Temple is rebuilt, billions of people perish during seven years of natural disasters and plagues, the antichrist arises and rules the world, the battle of Armageddon erupts in the vicinity of Israel, Jesus returns to defeat Satan's armies and preside over Judgment Day"

Jew's apparently help bring about the end of the world. Thanks alot! LOL

I wish people who seek the afterlife so dearly would just go there individually without taking all of us with them.
  • edited June 2006
    These people worry me more than a little, because there are enough of them that they can actually make trouble on a global scale. And while they won't be able to end the world, they can start new wars and drag out old ones unecessarily. Self-fulfilling prophecies and all that jazz.

Not surprisingly, though, they're rather ignorant - there are so many other ways it could happen...
    Post edited by Rym on
  • AAAAAA! They're organized! Run!

But seriously... are they out of their fucking mind? I'm quick to defend religious groups (I feel bad because they're targeted so easily), but this is just insane. That article reads like a business plan - I picture a bunch of rabbis in a boardroom with a reverend in the middle of a keynote speech "with syngery and commitment, we can break ground on this apocolypse in the next two decades! Hi-yah!" and the boardroom cheeeeers and cheeeeeeeeers!

I guess after the world didn't end on 6/6/06 (which everyone forgot was the anniversary of D-Day) - they decided to take matters into their own hands.
  • I'd love to see them try to get Jesus' message all over the world and have the world still not end. I find it entertaining when people are wrong about things like 6/6/06 and other end of the world "prophesies".
  • edited June 2006
    See? 6/6/06 was just fun. I had fun with it - for me, it was like 2006 had given us a second Halloween. The little town of Hell, Michigan threw a big party!

Why can't we have more holidays like this?
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Pfft. All this end-of-world stuff is utter sillyness. I can't wait untill 2012 passes. It's the latest known 'end of world' prophecy from the Mayans and once that passes without event, maybe everyone will shut up.